Search.thesearchguard.com is endorsed as private search engine that encrypts your online inquiries so that no other persons can view them. This program is compatible with Google Chrome and the only way to have it control the browser is by installing the TheSearchGuard extension. Unfortunately, most users get hold of this unwanted program without full intention. It is because authors of adware and browser hijackers are packing their code into freeware and third party applications.
By employing deceiving tactics and fraudulent schemes, Search.thesearchguard.com can easily trick naive computer users and internet surfers. Although it only targets and infects web browser programs, this does not make presence of Search.thesearchguard.com less risky. During its existence, sensitive data and browsing activities of user may be stolen. Moreover, gathered data are use for intensive display of targeted advertisements, or worst sell it to other offenders.
While user is suffering from annoyances brought about by Search.thesearchguard.com, its makers will enjoy the flow of profits from its advertising scheme. It will issue pop-up ads and paid links integrated into result pages, which was made to look like search outcome. Sending internet traffic to partners website is also part of its revenue stream.
It is clear that Search.thesearchguard.com was made and spread in the sole purpose of generating online earnings. This is the main reason why it was set as the default homepage and search engine – to control your online browsing activities.
Online Security Scanner Report for search.thesearchguard.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Mar. 24, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Mar. 24, 2018|
How to Remove Search.thesearchguard.com
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Search.thesearchguard.com
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Search.thesearchguard.com entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Search.thesearchguard.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Search.thesearchguard.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Search.thesearchguard.com on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Search.thesearchguard.com from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Search.thesearchguard.com from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Search.thesearchguard.com by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Search.thesearchguard.com removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Search.thesearchguard.com. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Search.thesearchguard.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Post Last Modified On March 24, 2018