Search Tab New is a browser program that asserts to enhance your new tab page for faster and more accurate search experience. This Google Chrome extension is utilizing known search engine, so there is no question on the reliability of its search results. However, the invasive technique employed by Search Tab New extension to gain access on the computer is highly suspicious.
First, this unwanted program is linked to Findwide, another adware that hijacks homepage and displays excessive advertisements on the computer. Mentioned adware are known to be bundled to a collection of PUP prior to its propagation. In that sense, it is expected that the presence of Search Tab New is parallel to existence of other adware.
In most cases, users are not given notices on the installation of Search Tab New. This happens if you are installing freeware on ‘Recommended’ setup process. Aside from Search Tab New, other adware that comes with this package similarly loads without your consent. So, to avoid installation of unwanted programs, please run the setup with ‘Custom’ options. In this manner, you can simply decline installation of Search Tab New and other suspicious files.
Presence of adware on the system is evident with pop-up ads, redirect, unwanted homepage, and questionable search engine. If this is what you are seeing on the computer, better run a scan with anti-virus and anti-malware program. Also, check your browser settings and remove Search Tab New if it is present.
Online Security Scanner Report for searchtabnew.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 09, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 09, 2016|
|Caution||Feedback: Malware found||Updated: July 09, 2016|
How to Remove Search Tab New
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Search Tab New
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Search Tab New or Findwide entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Search Tab New. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Search Tab New from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Search Tab New on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Search Tab New
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Search Tab New. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Search Tab New. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Search Tab New extension.