Search.searchtpn.com is a website that is utilizing a browser extension in order to override settings of Google Chrome browser. The changes will cause the homepage, new tab, and searches to redirect to said web address. In addition, this unwanted program may also deliver ads in the form of paid links that are incorporated on the search result page of Search.searchtpn.com. Be aware that cyber crooks are exploiting paid links from such unknown search provider to spread malicious programs.
Upon diagnostics, we uncover that the culprit extension for the existence of Search.searchtpn.com is named Track Package Now. It is part of a large family of adware. Hence, you may discover other potentially unwanted program on the affected browser that belongs to this same group. The main reason for creating repetitive and identical program is purely for monetary gain. Although they are providing free apps in the form of browser extension, the safety of using them is still questionable. In fact, there are negative reviews on its official Chrome Web Store page. One user states that the program is not fully functional.
With a number of trusted programs and search engines that can perform the same task more efficiently, we see no essence in having Search.searchtpn.com on the browser. If you intend to remove this browser hijacker and relevant extension, please see the guide below. Scan the computer with effective anti-virus and anti-malware tools to completely remove Search.searchtpn.com hijacker.
Online Security Scanner Report for search.searchtpn.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 24, 2018|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Updated: Jan. 24, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Jan. 24, 2018|
Search.searchtpn.com Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This malware and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Search.searchtpn.com home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Search.searchtpn.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Search.searchtpn.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Search.searchtpn.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Search.searchtpn.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Search.searchtpn.com on the affected browser.
Stage 4: Remove Search.searchtpn.com Extension from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Search.searchtpn.com from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Search.searchtpn.com or Track Package Now by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Search.searchtpn.com or Track Package Now removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Search.searchtpn.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Search.searchtpn.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Google Chrome Settings to Remove Search.searchtpn.com
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Search.searchtpn.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Post Last Modified On January 24, 2018