Unwanted homepage with web address Search.searchsmart.bid is the official search provider for potentially unwanted program (PUP) named SearchSmart. This is actually an extension that secretly enters the browser by packing itself to various freeware. By bundling the code to in-demand free programs, makers of Search.searchsmart.bid is able to spread this hijacker quickly and easily.
Unfortunately, it is hard to identify specific freeware that delivers Search.searchsmart.bid. Most of the time, hijacker only reveals itself after everything is fully installed on the computer. As such, setting browser’s homepage and default search engine to Search.searchsmart.bid is unknown to most users. Their consent is generally bypass via stealthy installation technique.
While it dominates the browser with little effort, user may have difficulty reversing all the changes. Because browser helper object (BHO) is helping Search.searchsmart.bid to reinstate itself during browser start-up. Therefore, we highly advise that you scan the computer with efficient adware and malware removal tool. Follow the guide on this page to completely get rid of Search.searchsmart.bid.
After successful removal, avoid the same incident in the future by installing effective security product that guards internet traffic. This also defends the computer from malicious files and other nasty downloadable objects from suspicious sources.
Online Security Scanner Report for search.searchsmart.bid.bid:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Mar. 05, 2018|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: Malicious site||Updated: Mar. 05, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Mar. 05, 2018|
How to Remove Search.searchsmart.bid
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Search.searchsmart.bid
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Searchsmart entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Search.searchsmart.bid. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Search.searchsmart.bid from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Search.searchsmart.bid on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Search.searchsmart.bid from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Search.searchsmart.bid from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Search.searchsmart.bid or SearchsmartDS by clicking on Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Search.searchsmart.bid or SearchsmartDS removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Search.searchsmart.bid. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Search.searchsmart.bid. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Procedures to Remove Search.searchsmart.bid from Mac
Step 1: Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Search.searchsmart.bid
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari – Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome – Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox – Choose Add-ons from the Tools menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Search.searchsmart.bid, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Delete Malicious Files that have installed Search.searchsmart.bid
1. Navigate to the location given below and move the item to the Trash.
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the Search.searchsmart.bid to be present on your Mac.
Step 3: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Search.searchsmart.bid.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Search.searchsmart.bid is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.