Another addition to the long list of browser hijacker is Search.searchmpctpop.com. This one claims to allow user to convert documents, html, text, jpeg, and other supported files to PDF format instantly. It will integrate one-click button on homepage for quick access. In addition, Search.searchmpctpop.com also provides button links to local weather, news, and multi-converter websites.
If you will analyze, it is clear that Search.searchmpctpop.com has no built-in element to process the conversions. It claims to be a PDF converter homepage but what it can only offer are services from other websites. All it provides are links and buttons to deceive web users that Search.searchmpctpop.com is valuable. In fact, the only goal of this homepage hijacker is to generate online profit through the display of advertisements and other promotional materials.
One more thing that made Search.searchmpctpop.com suspicious is the method how it enters the computer. Most of the time, it is bundled to freeware or shareware. Using stealthy technique, it is installed on the browser without users consent by means of Convert That PDF extension. Thus, some users deemed its sudden existence as part of virus infection. Technically, Search.searchmpctpop.com is not a computer virus. It is classified as ad-supported program or Adware.
Search.searchmpctpop.com may not be as dangerous as computer viruses. However, its presence can lead to further security risk. Advertisement it displays may contain links that points browser to malicious sites, which eventually downloads a malware onto visitor’s computer. Thus, we highly suggest immediate removal of Search.searchmpctpop.com including all programs associated with it.
Online Security Scanner Report for search.searchmpctpop.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Mar. 21, 2018|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Updated: Mar. 21, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Mar. 21, 2018|
How to Remove Search.searchmpctpop.com
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove homepage hijacker from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Search.searchmpctpop.com
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Search.searchmpctpop.com or Convert That PDF entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Search.searchmpctpop.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Search.searchmpctpop.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of homepage hijacker will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Search.searchmpctpop.com on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Search.searchmpctpop.com Extension and Add-on
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Search.searchmpctpop.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Search.searchmpctpop.com from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Search.searchmpctpop.com from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Search.searchmpctpop.com or Convert That PDF by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Search.searchmpctpop.com or Convert That PDF removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Search.searchmpctpop.com. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Search.searchmpctpop.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Remove Search.searchmpctpop.com from Firefox
Option 1 – Delete Add-on from Firefox Browser
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On the address bar, type the following strings and press Enter on keyboard: about:addons
3. Under Add-ons Manager, look for Search.searchmpctpop.com or Converter and click associated Remove button. See image below for reference.
4. Firefox will confirm your actions by clicking Yes. Please make sure that you have selected to Remove the home page and restore my previous setting.
5. You may now restart Firefox browser.
Option 2 – Refresh Mozilla Firefox
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Search.searchmpctpop.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up’. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Search.searchmpctpop.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Remove Search.searchmpctpop.com from Internet Explorer
Search.searchmpctpop.com loads on Internet Explorer when you install the main program. Therefore, uninstalling it from Add/Remove Programs (Step 1) should also remove its extension from the browser. If in case Search.searchmpctpop.com still exists, please restore Internet Explorer settings to its default value.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Search.searchmpctpop.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Remove Search.searchmpctpop.com from Safari Browser
Option 1 – Delete Search.searchmpctpop.com Extension
1. Open your Safari internet application.
2. Click on Safari Settings button located on upper-right corner of the browser. Select Preferences from the drop-down list.
3. On Safari Settings window, click the Extension tab.
4. Select Search.searchmpctpop.com, or it may use alternative extension like in our case, Converter is installed. Click on Uninstall button.
5. If Safari prompts for confirmation to remove the extension, please click Uninstall.
Option 2 – Reset Safari Browser
We only recommend this function if manually removing Search.searchmpctpop.com extension didn’t resolve the issue. Please select only items that are essential in stopping adware activities on the browser as shown in the image below.
1. Open your browser and click on Safari Settings on upper-right corner of the screen.
2. Choose Reset Safari… from the drop-down list.
3. Select items that you want to reset. You may include all if preferred. However, for the purpose of deleting only items relevant to presence of Search.searchmpctpop.com adware, we excluded some entries. Click on Reset button after the selection process.
4. Please restart Safari after applying the changes.