Search.pingclash.com is a shady search engine that can be obtained through adware or malware infection. It is also promoted by several potentially unwanted program and freeware made to spread this type of adware. Typically, Search.pingclash.com is bundled to costless programs like multimedia player, games, tools, download manager, and malicious software update.
Once a wicked program is loaded into the computer, you will begin to notice changes on the home page. Particularly a modified start-up and search page on Safari, Internet Explorer, Edge, Google Chrome, and Firefox browser. In addition Search.pingclash.com may cause browser redirect when you do online lookup on this unknown search engine.
Presence of Search.pingclash.com, also dubbed as Pingclash Web Search, only proves that your Mac OS X system is under the effect of malicious program. Scanning it with your own anti-virus program may help in a way but in cases like this, Search.pingclash.com regenerates after a computer reboot. This is because; the one affecting your Mac OS X is not a virus, rather an adware that may have evaded the scanning made by your anti-virus program.
One sure method to remove Search.pingclash.com hijacker from your home page is a complete scan using efficient anti-malware tools. Some settings on the system that was altered by Search.pingclash.com are also subjected to correction. To manually revert the changes made by the browser hijacker, simply follow the instructions as presented on this page.
Online Security Scanner Report for search.pingclash.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: May 24, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: May 24, 2016|
|Currently safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: May 24, 2016|
Procedures to Remove Search.pingclash.com Hijacker from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1: Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Search.pingclash.com
Adware and malware normally adds extension to the browser that may result to various unwanted redirects and pop-ups. We need to find and delete this add-on.
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari – Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome – Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox – Choose Add-ons from the Tools menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Search.pingclash.com, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Delete Malicious Files that have installed Search.pingclash.com
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder…
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
The term unknown is just a representation of the actual malware name. It is normally an unfamiliar file name such as the following:
– Kyushuplow, Ratplee, InstallMac, Zebrouss, Polebeary, Manroling, Genieo, Pastcost, Montageobox, Opinteks, Inkeeper, Portsayd, Listchack, Smokycap, Gingerbroom, or Fozhand
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the Search.pingclash.com to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most recent ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
Important: Take note of all the suspicious files as you may also delete the same item on another folder as we go on.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Please restart the computer.
7. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
8. Look for any suspicious items that are similar to the ones in Step 4. Drag them to the Trash.
Optional: For locked files that cannot be removed, do the following:
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Select the process you want to quit.
3. Click on Force Quit button.
4. You may now delete or remove locked files that belongs to Search.pingclash.com.
Step 3: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Search.pingclash.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Search.pingclash.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4 : Reset the default Home Page and Search Engine
– Open your Safari browser.
– Go to Safari Menu located on upper left hand corner, and then select Preferences.
– Under General tab, type the desired URL to replace Search.pingclash.com on Home Page area.
– To set the default search engine, please go back to Safari Preferences.
– Click on Search and select the desired search engine from the list.
– Open Chrome browser.
– Type the following on the address bar and press Enter on keyboard : chrome://settings/
– Look for ‘On Startup’ area.
– Select ‘Open a specific page or set of pages’.
– Click on Set pages.
– Enter the desired web address as your home page, replacing Search.pingclash.com.
– To set default search engine, go to Search area.
– Click on ‘Manage search engines…‘ button.
– Highlight the desired Search Engine and Click on ‘Make Default‘.
– On the same window, highlight Search.pingclash.com and Click “X” to delete it.
– Run Mozilla Firefox browser.
– Type the following on the address bar and hit Enter on keyboard : about:preferences
– On Startup area, select ‘Show my home page when Firefox starts’.
– Under Home Page field, type the desired URL.
– To configure default search engine, select Search on left sidebar to display settings.
– Under Default Search Engine list, please select one.
– On the same page, you have an option to Remove unwanted search engine.