Search.mydownloadmanager.com is a homepage hijacker that is identified to a family of adware and is utilizing the unpopular SearchAlgo engine. Obviously, this redirect adware is promoting a program called My Download Manager. It is advertise as a tool that helps users manages their file download directly from the browser. So, expect that this tool may alter the browser to include its own toolbar object.
Other noticeable changes on the browser are settings of homepage, new tab, and default search engine. All of these functions will resolve to Search.mydownloadmanager.com. Thus, online search of users are redirected to the said web address before revealing the actual outcome on Yahoo Search. It was already discussed many times that unlawful transmission of search inquiry aims to collect vital online data from users. Search.mydownloadmanager.com may gather search keywords, favorite websites, and other online credentials.
In our own opinion, Google Chrome and other browsers already have the same function as offered by Search.mydownloadmanager.com. Therefore, there is no need to install supplementary extension like this unwanted program. It is still safer to browse the internet without the intrusive browser hijacker such as Search.mydownloadmanager.com.
In order to remove the threat from the browser, it is important to get rid of the unsolicited extension first. On this page is our efficient guide to properly deal with adware and browser hijacker. Thoroughly scan the computer with recommended virus and malware removal tool to find deeply hidden objects linked to Search.mydownloadmanager.com.
Online Security Scanner Report for search.mydownloadmanager.com:
|No issue||Feedback: Suspicious||Updated: Sept. 15, 2018|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Updated: Sept. 15, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Sept. 15, 2018|
How to Remove Search.mydownloadmanager.com
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove Search.mydownloadmanager.com from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove Search.mydownloadmanager.com from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If Search.mydownloadmanager.com persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Search.mydownloadmanager.com from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Search.mydownloadmanager.com by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Search.mydownloadmanager.com removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Search.mydownloadmanager.com. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Search.mydownloadmanager.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Search.mydownloadmanager.com
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Search.mydownloadmanager.com entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Search.mydownloadmanager.com.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Search.mydownloadmanager.com and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Search.mydownloadmanager.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Post Last Modified On September 16, 2018