search.ividi.org or also known as iVIDI Search is a home page hijacker and browser redirect adware that seriously promotes the plug-in. It fits the category of adware due to its traits of injecting itself to the system without users consent. Furthermore, this ad-related program is maximizing the full potential of free programs to deploy its code over the Internet. search.ividi.org hijacker is bundled with a lot of third-party software like freeware and shareware.
Presence of search.ividi.org hijacker greatly affects the browser. It concentrated on controlling the home page of known software such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. If it comes into the system chances are, you will be having hard process removing it. Aside from inserting add-ons or extension search.ividi.org adware also alters settings on the browser including shortcut links that calls the program.
search.ividi.org Search Engine tries to appear as useful one. In fact it is, because it is utilizing search engine from Google. However, security experts deemed it as privacy invaders and information stealer because it tries to gather data from the computer. Additionally, it forces the installation on the system without asking for user’s approval.
The search engine might be safe, but the purpose of search.ividi.org is still in question. To be safe, it is better to remove iVIDI Search as early as possible to avoid further harm on the computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for search.ividi.org (iVIDI Search):
On the first test we have conducted using various online security scanners, no threats were found on this domain. However, this doesn’t denote that the web site or any sub domain under it is safe to visit.
|No Issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Sept. 14, 2013|
|Link is Safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Sept. 14, 2013|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Sept. 14, 2013|
search.ividi.org Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like search.ividi.org. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to search.ividi.org. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to search.ividi.org. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove search.ividi.org Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted search.ividi.org from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of search.ividi.org on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from search.ividi.org
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with search.ividi.org. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to search.ividi.org.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. search.ividi.org should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by search.ividi.org and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.