Search.hyourvidconverter.com is a homepage hijacker that came from the family of Polarity adware. This type of threat can inflict changes on the browser only if user installs relevant adware. It can transmit comfortably over the internet with the help of freeware and shareware. By integrating Search.hyourvidconverter.com to some of bundled software, its creator can run a stealthy installation of this hijacker. Thus, users are unaware of its arrival in most cases.
Due to unexpected emergence of Search.hyourvidconverter.com, some people believed that the cause is computer virus infection. Technically, these unwanted changes on the browser are part of adware operation. Adware are less likely to be destructive as computer viruses. In particular, Search.hyourvidconverter.com was made solely to target browser applications like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Edge. The main payload is to alter homepage configuration and set Search.hyourvidconverter.com as the new default.
The purpose of homepage modification is simply to promote several programs on your homepage. In addition, Search.hyourvidconverter.com yearns for users to be fond of using their promoted extension. In this case, it is endorsing Your Video Converter Now, an extension that lets you covert media files right at your homepage and new tab window.
Even though Search.hyourvidconverter.com is not in the category of computer viruses, we still recommend its removal. As mentioned, it came from various PUP’s that can cause certain annoyances on internet browser programs. This adware may also put your online privacy at risk. For a complete guide to get rid of Search.hyourvidconverter.com, please navigate to the special segment on this page.
Online Security Scanner Report for search.hyourvidconverter.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Feb. 02, 2018|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Updated: Feb. 02, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Feb. 02, 2018|
Search.hyourvidconverter.com Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This malware and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Search.hyourvidconverter.com home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Search.hyourvidconverter.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Search.hyourvidconverter.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Search.hyourvidconverter.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Search.hyourvidconverter.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Search.hyourvidconverter.com on the affected browser.
Stage 4: Remove Search.hyourvidconverter.com Extension from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Search.hyourvidconverter.com from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Search.hyourvidconverter.com or Your Video Converter Now by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Search.hyourvidconverter.com or Your Video Converter Now removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Search.hyourvidconverter.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Search.hyourvidconverter.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Google Chrome Settings to Remove Search.hyourvidconverter.com
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Search.hyourvidconverter.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Post Last Modified On February 2, 2018