Search.htrackmyflight.co may appear like a credible search engine at first glimpse, however, it belongs to a group of adware that no one should trust. This homepage hijacker will replace some settings on the browser including homepage, new tab, start-up page, and search provider. Search.htrackmyflight.co spreads rapidly as part of software bundles and can be installed on the computer without user’s concern. This is the main reason why it was classed as Adware or Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP).
As stated, the homepage set by Search.htrackmyflight.co may appear valid. It includes several links that seem useful like “Book My Flight”, “Track My Flight”, “Airport Parking”, “Book My Hotel”, and so on. Quick accesses to popular websites are also provided in attractive buttons. When using the search feature, Search.htrackmyflight.co redirects all queries to Yahoo Search, thus, there seems to be nothing fishy about this program.
However, you should notice that this adware belongs to a group of applications with distrusted rating. Search outcome provided on Search.htrackmyflight.co may show valid results from Yahoo, hence, it may also display paid doubtful links on the same page. It may use content layering technique to overlay own advertisements on every web pages. Remember, browser helper objects that come with this adware may dominate every action on the infected internet program.
It is obvious that Search.htrackmyflight.co mainly function as browser hijacker that aims to boost traffic on partner’s websites. An advertisement it displays is purely commercial and means to generate revenue for its makers. In order to display attractive ads, Search.htrackmyflight.co might also gather various data from user such as frequently visited sites, search keywords, and preferences while surfing the net.
Never tolerate this tracking activity by any adware as it may ruin your online privacy. Immediately remove Search.htrackmyflight.co from the computer as soon as possible. Below is our simple guide to help you take out this adware.
Online Security Scanner Report for search.htrackmyflight.co:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Dec. 8, 2017|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||Updated: Dec. 8, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Dec. 8, 2017|
Search.htrackmyflight.co Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This malware and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Search.htrackmyflight.co home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Search.htrackmyflight.co. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Search.htrackmyflight.co. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Search.htrackmyflight.co Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Search.htrackmyflight.co from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Search.htrackmyflight.co on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Search.htrackmyflight.co
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Search.htrackmyflight.co. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Google Chrome Settings to Remove Search.htrackmyflight.co
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Search.htrackmyflight.co. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings to Remove Search.htrackmyflight.co
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Search.htrackmyflight.co and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please view instructions here.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Settings to Remove Search.htrackmyflight.co
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Search.htrackmyflight.co. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up’. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Search.htrackmyflight.co home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.