Search.hidemysearch.com is a browser hijacker that often replaces search engine on the affected browser. It can be installed on Google Chrome browser without taking approval from user or computer owner. This program comes up as a default start-up page and pretends to be a normal search engine page. However, it may have lost credibility due to invasive technique it is using in order to gain access on target computer.
Freeware and shareware are actually programs that may drop Search.hidemysearch.com redirect onto the computer. There is actually a way to oppose the installation of this unwanted program, if you only choose to load the downloaded program using customized install. In this method, you can cross-out Search.hidemysearch.com and choose not to install them on the computer. In most cases, it is installed by default because of user’s ignorance on adware that is present on most free software.
The purpose of Search.hidemysearch.com is to be your default search engine. Second to that, this unwanted program tries to gain online profit through ads that appears on search results. This is the reason why Search.hidemysearch.com is forcibly injected as your normal home page.
Furthermore, the presence of Search.hidemysearch.com hijacker on the computer may put your privacy at risks. It may not steal user name and password from your PC but it can monitor how you search the web. It also logs your line of interest and key phrases you input on search engine. Gathered data can be sold to another adware maker that can be a reference to display attractive ads.
Online Security Scanner Report for search.hidemysearch.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||June 05, 2017|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||June 05, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||June 05, 2017|
How to Remove Search.hidemysearch.com
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Search.hidemysearch.com
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Search.hidemysearch.com or simply Hide My Search entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Search.hidemysearch.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Search.hidemysearch.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Search.hidemysearch.com on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Search.hidemysearch.com from Google Chrome
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Search.hidemysearch.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Deleting Search.hidemysearch.com Extension
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Hidemysearch by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Go to Settings window (chrome://settings). Under On Startup area, click Disable extension if Hidemysearch is present.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Search.hidemysearch.com. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Search.hidemysearch.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.