Search.hfastpackagetracker.net (or Fast Package Tracker) is another wicked homepage hijacker that falls under the category of potentially unwanted program (PUP). It can sneak into famous browser applications and commit unwanted changes in discrete manner. Makers of Search.hfastpackagetracker.net are utilizing software bundles to spread this hijacker over the internet. It can be hidden to attractive free games, utilities, media player, download manager, and software patches. This method has been successful in spreading other versions of homepage hijackers including Search.easyspeedtestaccess.com, Search.hmytemplates.co, and many more.
Upon installation of the free software, it will initiate unsolicited changes on browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari) that activates Search.hfastpackagetracker.net as the default homepage, new tab, and search provider. Several ‘helper objects’ are also placed on internet programs to ensure that Search.hfastpackagetracker.net will remain on the conquered pages no matter how many times user attempts to change the setup.
Apart from being invasive in taking over browser configuration, another annoying thing about Search.hfastpackagetracker.net is its continuous display of advertisements in the form of pop-ups, redirects, and paid links. This will be very visible during the time that user is surfing the internet or doing an online search. As part of its trickery to attract clicks and eventually earn online profit, search outcome provided by Search.hfastpackagetracker.net is full of paid links that was made to appear as valid results.
It is clear that Search.hfastpackagetracker.net was not made to enhance online search experience as what is stated on its official website. The genuine purpose of this PUP is to dominate the browser so that it can generate revenue by launching advertisement on affected browsers. While adware creators are reaping the profit by exploiting the infected internet program, victims are suffering from bothersome ads and redirects. In this case, there is no reason to let Search.hfastpackagetracker.net stay on the browser much longer. Get rid of this unwanted search tool by executing the procedures below. Scan the system with recommended anti-virus and anti-malware tools to complete the cleanup process.
Search.hfastpackagetracker.net Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Search.hfastpackagetracker.net.
Remove Search.hfastpackagetracker.net Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Search.hfastpackagetracker.net, Fast Package Tracker, or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Search.hfastpackagetracker.net Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Search.hfastpackagetracker.net or Packages, and remove it from the browser.
Delete Search.hfastpackagetracker.net Extension from Safari
1. Run Safari browser application.
2. Click on Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the window.
3. Choose Preferences from the drop-down list.
4. On Extension window, select Extensions tab.
5. Select Search.hfastpackagetracker.net or relevant entry and remove it from Safari.
6. Lastly, go to Safari Settings once again and select Downloads from the drop down list.
7. If Search.hfastpackagetracker.net.safariextz is present, click on Clear button to remove the unwanted extension.
Remove Search.hfastpackagetracker.net Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Search.hfastpackagetracker.net from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Search.hfastpackagetracker.net is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Search.hfastpackagetracker.net, Fast Package Tracker, or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Search.hfastpackagetracker.net on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Search.hfastpackagetracker.net.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Search.hfastpackagetracker.net.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Remove Search.hfastpackagetracker.net Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
Preceding steps may have removed Search.hfastpackagetracker.net from the browser already. This next procedure is needed to double-check that browser is free from any adware remnants especially from Search.hfastpackagetracker.net. Avast Browser Cleanup is a free tool that restores the browser to its initial, clean state. It will get rid of annoying browser extensions, toolbars, and search hijackers.
1. Click the link below to download this free tool.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. To run the installer, please double-click the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. Run the tool to start analyzing the browsers. It will state whether browser is free from threats or cleanup is needed. Perform suggested cleanup if the tool found suspicious extensions, add-ons, or plug-ins.
4. If Avast Browser Cleanup verifies if you want to permanently delete suspicious entries, click Yes to proceed with the removal of Search.hfastpackagetracker.net.
Stage 4: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Search.hfastpackagetracker.net.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Search.hfastpackagetracker.net.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Search.hfastpackagetracker.net and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Search.hfastpackagetracker.net
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Search.hfastpackagetracker.net is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Search.hfastpackagetracker.net
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Search.hfastpackagetracker.net, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Search.hfastpackagetracker.net and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Search.hfastpackagetracker.net should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Reset Safari Browser to Normal Settings
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Click on the Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the browser window.
3. Select Reset Safari from the drop-down list.
4. Pop-up window will appear. You may select all boxes for total reset or follow the options below if you only want to remove Search.hfastpackagetracker.net from Safari browser.
5. Please restart Safari browser for changes to take effect.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. On top menu, click Tools, and then Internet Options. It will open a new window.
3. Select Advanced tab. See image below.
4. On Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button to start the restoration procedures.
This process will not affect browsing history, bookmarks, and favorites. Add-ons and other integrated codes will be deleted including those that are linked to Search.hfastpackagetracker.net. If you choose to perform the procedure manually, please view instructions here.