Internet software that redirects to Search.fastsearchassist.com site is often due to rerouting script that is running on visited offensive website. On the other hand, adware or potentially unwanted application (PUA) that exists on the computer may also cause the same annoyances. These unwanted programs initiate this kind of malicious websites to browsers. Search.fastsearchassist.com is a malicious domain that cause spam notifications and intrusive ads while web users are browsing the internet.
Search.fastsearchassist.com is just a typical website roaming around on browsers. However, its behavior causes suspicions to internet users. Search.fastsearchassist.com operations are executed base on their goal on generating online income. Search.fastsearchassist.com aims to deceive web visitors into allowing alerts from their site. Once enabled, Search.fastsearchassist.com will begin to bombard browsers with their push notifications that usually contain intrusive ads or redirects to other malicious web pages.
Search.fastsearchassist.com presents click baits such as “download” or “allow” buttons and convince internet users to click on it. Once clicked, it can lead to further complications since Search.fastsearchassist.com can generate redirects which automatically link online users to various pages that usually exhibits malicious contents. There are ads by Search.fastsearchassist.com that holds a script to download and install unwanted applications onto the computer. Potentially unwanted application or adware does not necessarily need permission of online users to penetrate into the system. Through malicious software package, Search.fastsearchassist.com could possibly be injected to browsers. Alternatively, intrusive ads from questionable sites may lead web users to view Search.fastsearchassist.com pages.
When Search.fastsearchassist.com is accessed either intentionally or mistakenly, closing it as soon as possible is advised. Further exposure to this dubious site can be very risky for web visitors. Deceptive ads are linked to similar malicious website. Such unwanted pages can collect browsing activity or personal details of online users. Worse, it can be trade with other parties like cyber criminals and use it for cyber crime purposes. In addition, Search.fastsearchassist.com could lead web users into false pages that offers products, services, software downloads, or even updates which are fake or not satisfying.
Another payload of Search.fastsearchassist.com is to force web users into installing the browser hijacker module called Fast Search Assist. It is promoted as browser extension that improves online searching, hence, all it does is hijacking the homepage as well as search results. Generally, Fast Search Assist extension is not helpful and it is suggested to remove it from the browser as soon as possible to prevent further adware infection.
Search.fastsearchassist.com Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Search.fastsearchassist.com.
Remove Search.fastsearchassist.com Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Search.fastsearchassist.com, Fast Search Assist, or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Search.fastsearchassist.com Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Search.fastsearchassist.com or Fast Search Assist and remove it from the browser.
Remove Search.fastsearchassist.com Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Search.fastsearchassist.com from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Search.fastsearchassist.com is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Search.fastsearchassist.com, Fast Search Assist, or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Search.fastsearchassist.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Search.fastsearchassist.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Search.fastsearchassist.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Search.fastsearchassist.com.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Search.fastsearchassist.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Search.fastsearchassist.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Search.fastsearchassist.com
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Search.fastsearchassist.com is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Search.fastsearchassist.com
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Search.fastsearchassist.com, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Search.fastsearchassist.com and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Search.fastsearchassist.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.