Search Encrypt with web address searchencrypt.com is a browser search engine and is actually promoted as tool that provides private online searches. According to official website, this service intercepts user’s online searches, encrypted them locally, and redirected to privacy-enhanced search engine. Search Encrypt may emerge instantly as default start-up page and act as your usual search engine but make no mistake that this is all due to virus infection. The presence of Search Encrypt was established because you allow it to be installed on the browser. Whether unknowingly or intentionally, user’s intervention is needed for this tool to be part of internet application. So, speculating that Search Encrypt is some kind of virus is a misconception of some users.
Whether Search Encrypt is a valuable tool or some kind of intrusive application, we are not in the position to judge the legitimacy and effectiveness of this browser extension. See for yourself what Search Encrypt users have to say about this browser extension from the discussion on Chrome Web Store. Here are some user reviews, which we found to be a mix assessment:
The search results are good. Privacy searches good too. Does exactly what it says. – Brian Smith
This extension is malware. After removing it, the default search engine is hijacked to Search Encrypt. Still working to fix this. – Ida Gochenaur
We’ve downloaded this extension company wide to help prevent our competitors from seeing what we search for. The initial results have been satisfactory. Not sure I’d use it all the time, as Google really KNOWS what I’m looking for. But it works great if you’re wanting to search with privacy and anonymity. It’s been a good product for our business, at least. – Matt Diamond
I hate this extension.It wont remove from new tab even when I removed it from chrome.I would give a 0 out of 10. – Matt Nichols
By nature I am very skeptical. So therefore, when first installed I wasn’t quite sure. After furter investigation (by me) I am satisfied with this product. Thank you. – Debra TerrellMontoya
If there is a need to remove Search Encrypt from the computer, simply execute the removal steps below.
Online Security Scanner Report for searchencrypt.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Sept. 18, 2019|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Sept. 18, 2019|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Sept. 18, 2019|
Search Encrypt Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Search Encrypt.
Remove Search Encrypt Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Search Encrypt, Online Manuals App, or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Search Encrypt Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Search Encrypt or Online Manuals App and remove it from the browser.
Delete Search Encrypt Extension from Safari
1. Run Safari browser application.
2. Click on Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the window.
3. Choose Preferences from the drop-down list.
4. On Extension window, select Extensions tab.
5. Select Search Encrypt, Online Manuals App, or relevant entry and remove it from Safari.
6. Lastly, go to Safari Settings once again and select Downloads from the drop down list.
7. If Searchencrypt.safariextz is present, click on Clear button to remove the unwanted extension.
Remove Search Encrypt Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Search Encrypt from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Search Encrypt is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Search Encrypt or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Search Encrypt.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Stage 3: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Search Encrypt on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Search Encrypt.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Search Encrypt.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.