Homepage of Search.bittsearch.com mimics the colors and design of Google Search probably to deceive computer users. In reality, this questionable search hijacker is part of adware family that can land the browser to malicious websites and useless search result pages. Search.bittsearch.com gets inside the computer uninvited through software bundles that users may acquire from suspicious servers. For easy deployment over the internet, makers of Search.bittsearch.com is bundling their code to free software like utilities, games, media player, software downloader, fake updates, and many more.
Installation of extension relevant to Search.bittsearch.com is concealed and simultaneously run with the main software. Once fully installed, it will make adjustments on the browser that heavily affects homepage, search tool, and new tab of Google Chrome browser. The changes also imposes the use of Search.bittsearch.com as the main search engine, which we discovered to be redirecting all inquiry to distrustful server at Webcrawler.com.
Though Search.bittsearch.com gets inside with no trouble, eliminating it would be very difficult for troubled victims. Most of the time, changing the browser settings to previous configuration does not get rid of the hijacking issue. All objects including Search.bittsearch.com extension must be deleted from the browser fully. Thus, we are presenting a simple guide on this page. Be sure to scan the computer with recommended anti-virus and anti-malware tool to trace malicious entities belonging to Search.bittsearch.com.
Online Security Scanner Report for search.bittsearch.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 12, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: July 12, 2018|
Search.bittsearch.com Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the browser hijacker from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most homepage hijacker and redirects are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Search.bittsearch.com.
Remove Search.bittsearch.com Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Search.bittsearch.com, BittSearchDS, or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Search.bittsearch.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Search.bittsearch.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Search.bittsearch.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Remove Search.bittsearch.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
Preceding steps may have removed Search.bittsearch.com from the browser already. This next procedure is needed to double-check that browser is free from any adware remnants especially from Search.bittsearch.com. Avast Browser Cleanup is a free tool that restores the browser to its initial, clean state. It will get rid of annoying browser extensions, toolbars, and search hijackers.
1. Click the link below to download this free tool.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. To run the installer, please double-click the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. Run the tool to start analyzing the browsers. It will state whether browser is free from threats or cleanup is needed. Perform suggested cleanup if the tool found suspicious extensions, add-ons, or plug-ins.
4. If Avast Browser Cleanup verifies if you want to permanently delete suspicious entries, click Yes to proceed with the removal of Search.bittsearch.com.
Stage 4: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Search.bittsearch.com.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Search.bittsearch.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Search.bittsearch.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Search.bittsearch.com
Not all browser hijackers are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Search.bittsearch.com is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Search.bittsearch.com
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Search.bittsearch.com, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Post Last Modified On July 13, 2018