Search 123 Now is a browser hijacker that came from a large group of adware. It traverses the internet bundled to freeware and shareware. If you are seeing Search 123 Now on your browser, it is likely that you have installed the host program. This home page hijacker may arrive together with freeware such as free games, media player, tools, download manager, and so on.
The main sign that computer is under the attack of adware is when home page starts to search123now.net. Doing search that utilizes the same search engine by default is also another symptom. It is noticeable that this unwanted search engine causes a number of disturbances when installed on the computer. Thus, we recommend that you remove the culprit program first, then, get rid of Search 123 Now from the browser.
If you allow Search 123 Now to stay on the computer, you will begin to see annoyances. Browser will be bombarded with too much advertisements and redirects. New tabs, toolbar search box, and unknown links will also take a place on affected browser without users consent.
Search 123 Now is just a variant of multiple web sites created in the same manner. Among its versions are My Best Video Search, Urban Search, and Quick4search.com. All of these sites claims to be a useful search engine, but what it provides on search results are lacking of genuine information that user needs. Search 123 Now outcome page contains no useful links, instead, you will see paid links masking as interesting topics to drive you into their own web pages.
It is still uncertain what benefit a user may get for having Search 123 Now. At this early stage, there is no harm to get rid of it and use only valid and safe search engine such as Google, Bing, or Yahoo.
Online Security Scanner Report for search123now.net:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||June 25, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||June 25, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||June 25, 2016|
Search 123 Now Browser Hijacker Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Search 123 Now home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Search 123 Now. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Search 123 Now. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Search 123 Now Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Search 123 Now from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Search 123 Now on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Search 123 Now
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Search 123 Now. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Search 123 Now. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Search 123 Now home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Search 123 Now and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please view instructions here.