When surfing the internet, we keep on encountering various ads from different websites. It is really annoying that ads are appearing here and there. But, have you ever wondered why these ads keep displaying on the screen? Sometimes, we unintentionally clicked these ads out of nowhere. From that, we are redirected to sites or web pages that we are not really familiar about.
What is Scuseami.net?
Scuseami.net is a questionable website and is very similar to Concersplentl.info and Wowphones.site. It presents users to unwanted and malicious web pages. Scuseami.net acts as a useful website when in fact, it lure users to allow internet browser’s notification. Scuseami.net use click baits to catch attention of users. Usually, this rogue website displays “DOWNLOAD IS READY” or “CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FILE” button to encourage users to confirm. But the truth is that there is no file to download. Those buttons is just a mask to cover the true purpose of Scuseami.net web page. Once the user clicked the button, it automatically allows the browser notification. Scuseami.net will start its operation by deploying numerous intrusive ads in a form of banners, coupons, surveys, and pop-ups. It might be innocent-looking ads but these online marketing media can redirect users to more harmful web pages.
Where Scuseami.net possibly comes from?
Rogue websites like Scuseami.net usually invades user’s browser by means of Potentially Unwanted Applications (PUAs) or by clicking intrusive ads while browsing.
Why Potentially Unwanted Apps (PUAs)?
– When we are installing or downloading apps or programs, there are set-ups or bundles which hide PUAs. If we really ignore the details, descriptions, or conditions before proceeding, it can infiltrate the device without knowing. These PUA’s have associated ads, which can redirect users to Scuseami.net website.
Why Intrusive ads?
– When browsing the internet, users get to encounter different ads. Once web user clicked one, it can automatically redirects to Scuseami.net web page. Note that not all ads from this URL are legitimate and trustworthy.
What happens when Scuseami.net is accessed?
Scuseami.net will begin its true function by locating the user through its IP address. Click-bait buttons are presented to tempt users to click and enable browser notification. Once it is allowed, Scuseami.net associate ads will begin to appear anywhere on the web page. It literally limits the browsing experience of users. Scuseami.net can lead users to risk by automatically redirecting to more harmful sites like scam or phishing websites when ads are clicked. In addition, some of these associated ads can execute scripts to download or install unwanted programs, which can cause more harm to user since it can track data from users that can be use for cyber crime purposes.
Scuseami.net Removal Procedure for PC
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Scuseami.net.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Scuseami.net and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Scuseami.net on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Scuseami.net.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Scuseami.net.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Procedures to Remove Scuseami.net from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Scuseami.net. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
Click here to Download Combo Cleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Scuseami.net.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Scuseami.net.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Scuseami.net is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Remove Scuseami.net Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Scuseami.net. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Scuseami.net are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying. To stop Scuseami.net from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Scuseami.net.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Scuseami.net list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Scuseami.net from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Scuseami.net entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Scuseami.net pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Scuseami.net.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Scuseami.net pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Scuseami.net from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.