“Savings Scout” is an adware that was made to exhibit coupons, discounts, and other online deals. It will display numerous, pop-up and toolbar advertisements on the compromised computer. Savings Scout mainly reveals pop-up links that when clicked will expand a number of coupons and deals for various offers. It is noticed that this adware only appears on the browser when user is surfing online stores like Ebay, Amazon, Bestbuy, and so on. For some computer users who are inclined to online shopping, Savings Scout seems to be useful. However, some people who happen to enlighten with the risks of having this adware on the PC waste no time to delete it from the system.
Clicking on the ads by Savings Scout may redirect the browser to sponsored web sites. Security experts warn that this kind of advertising scheme is being utilized by malware authors to deliver viruses to computer users. You should also be aware that adware may collect data from your computer and also monitors browsing habit, search terms, and site you frequently visit. This data gathering by Savings Scout is essential to deliver ads that are within your concern. In that case, there is a high possibility that you may click on the links shown on your computer.
If you find that Savings Scout is worthy for your online shopping, we will not insists removing it from the computer. We highly suggest that you guard the computer with effective tools to protect you internet traffic and block any suspicious files from entering the system.
Online Security Scanner Report for savings-scout.com:
No harm was found on Savings Scout web site after running three online security scanners. This simply means that savings-scout.com is free from any malicious codes and is safe to visit.
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Sept 25, 2013|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Sept 25, 2013|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Sept 25, 2013|
How to Remove Savings Scout Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Savings Scout
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Savings Scout entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Savings Scout. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Savings Scout from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Savings Scout on the affected browser.
Post Last Modified On September 25, 2013