Satan Cryptor is another hazardous file-locking virus. People behind this ransomware are relying on various deployment schemes to get hold of random victims. Hence, Satan Cryptor code is often found embedded to email attachment that purportedly sent by prominent organization. Moreover, attackers are also enjoying the liberty of embedding Satan Cryptor to various freeware and shareware that are hosted on a number of insecure online locations.
After completing the file-encryption task, Satan Cryptor will generate a ransom note instructing victims on the proper way to recover their infected files. Obviously, the offered decryption software and private key combination that are required to restore entirely important data do not come cheap. As shown in the ransom note and excerpt below, attackers are requiring victims to contact them as soon as they notice the decryption made on majority of files.
Your documents, photos, databases and other important files have been encrypted cryptographically strong, without the cipher key recovery is impossible!
To decrypt your files you need to buy the special software – SATAN DECRYPTOR and your Private Decryption Key.
Using another tools could corrupt your files, in case of using third party software we dont give guarantees that full recovery is possible so use it on your own risk.
If you want to restore files, write to our e-mail: MREncptor protonmail com
Please write your Personal Identification Code in body of your message.
Also attach to email 3 encrypted files for free decryption test. (each file have to be less than 1 MB size and not have valuable content).
It is in your interest to respond as soon as possible to ensure the restoration of your files!
Bear in mind that contacting Satan Cryptor ransomware authors and paying the ransom money do not guarantee full recovery of encrypted files. There is no assurance of certainty when dealing with online fraudsters because they usually transact in an untraceable environment. This is the main reason why malware researchers oppose the option of dealing with attackers. What was recommended is to archive all Satan Cryptor encrypted files and wait for the free decryption tool that may be available soon.
How to Remove Satan Cryptor Ransomware
Ransomware files are placed deeply into the system and on various locations, thus, thorough scanning is vital to totally remove Satan Cryptor virus. Aside from our suggested tool, you may also run your own security program.
Though affected files may be impossible to decrypt due to complexity of the encryption, you can still try recovery method like alternative tool, Shadow Explorer or Previous Version as described below.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Anti-Malware Tool
1. Download free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup-[version].exe.
3. Carry out the installation with default setup process.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click the Finish button. The program should launch momentarily.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most complete scan method that will surely find any hidden malicious objects associated to Satan Cryptor ransomware.
7. Finally, click on Start Scan begin checking the computer for malware and similar threats.
8. Once the scan has completed, the tool will display the list of detected threats. Remove all identified malicious items and restart the computer if necessary.
Stage 2: Double-check for Satan Cryptor’s leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Satan Cryptor ransomware. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Satan Cryptor ransom virus entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Satan Cryptor ransomware have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 3 : Unlocking files with Satan Cryptor Decryption Tool
Tools that may decrypt files infected by Satan Cryptor is not yet available at this time. We will update this section once the tool is on hand. In the meantime, please try the options below.
Option 1: Windows Previous Version Tool
Windows Vista and Windows 7 have a feature called Previous Versions. However, this tool is only usable if restore point was made prior to Satan Cryptor ransomware infection. To use this tool and recover files affected by the virus, please follow these steps:
1. Open My Computer or Windows Explorer.
2. Right-click on the affected files or folders. From the drop-down list, please click on Restore previous versions.
3. New window will open display all backup copy of files and folders you wanted to recover. Choose the appropriate file and click on Open, Copy, or Restore. Restoring selected files overwrites the current encrypted files on the computer.
Option 2: Use ShadowExplorer to restore files encrypted by Satan Cryptor Ransomware
Just like Previous Version tool, ShadowExplorer is taking advantage of shadow copy created by Windows. This tool allows you to retrieve older version of files before it was encrypted by Satan Cryptor ransomware.
1. Download ShadowExplorer from the official web site.
2. Install the program with the default settings.
3. The program should run automatically after installation. If not, double-click on ShadowExplorer icon.
4. You can see the drop-down list on top of the console. Please select proper drive and the most recent point-in-time shadow copies of files you wish to restore prior to Satan Cryptor ransomware infection.
5. Right-click on the Drive, Folder, or File you wish to restore and click Export…
6. Lastly, ShadowExplorer will prompt for location where you want to save the copy of recovered files.