Safeservesearch.com is a suspicious search engine from Privacy Switch family of Adware. It is targeting Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. Users can set this as the default homepage unknowingly by just clicking on misleading pop-up messages that triggers the modification of browser settings. On some instances, Safeservesearch.com is enabled on the browser through the installation of internet program called Privacy Switch.
It is risky for the browser to keep this unwanted program active, because it can perform various alterations and manipulate browsing activities. Earlier case revealed that Safeservesearch.com could dominate homepage and new tab pages on its first emergence. After that, this browser hijacker will set itself as the default search provider. In that case, all online searches are channeled through unwanted servers that can provide unsafe search results and malicious paid links.
As you can notice, Safeservesearch.com brings nothing but nuisance. Although it may appear as valid and attractive search engine due to presentable background, search results and links it display are questionable. In addition, Safeservesearch.com and relevant adware are able to gather various browsing data. It can record visited websites, search keyword, and personal information. Collected data can be misuse to intensify the display of striking advertisements that are delightful to users. In the end, this adware can persuade users to buy a product or acquire online services.
As of now, we can offer no other option but to remove Safeservesearch.com as soon as possible. It may not be as hazardous as computer viruses, but it can still cause some troubles to ones security and online privacy. Proceed with the removal of Safeservesearch.com by executing the procedures below. As suggested, extensively scan the computer with effective anti-virus and anti-malware tools. This scanning method is vital in locating and deleting deeply hidden malicious codes and files.
Online Security Scanner Report for safeservesearch.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 8, 2018|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Updated: Jan. 8, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Jan. 8, 2018|
Safeservesearch.com Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Safeservesearch.com home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Safeservesearch.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Safeservesearch.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Safeservesearch.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Safeservesearch.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Safeservesearch.com on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Safeservesearch.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Safeservesearch.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Safeservesearch.com from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Safeservesearch.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Safeservesearch.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up’. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Safeservesearch.com home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.