Safe Web Alliance hijacker is described as free browser security service that is useful in protecting PC against risky web sites. It claims to detect malicious web sites and will block your access to it. Safe Web Alliance hijacker also promises to defend the computer against potentially unwanted program or other kinds of adware and malware.
If Safe Web Alliance site keeps on hijacking your pages, this only implies that some kind of code is inserted into the browser. Users of Internet programs like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox are all experiencing this hijacking. Indication that Safe Web Alliance hijacker is present on the computer is the warning screen with message from safeweballiance.com such as “Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!”
Technically, Safe Web Alliance is not a virus. It is a browser hijacker that can take control on your web surfing activities. Normally, it is acquired through third-party applications like shareware, freeware, or trial software. Installing any of these programs may have loaded Safe Web Alliance on the default setup.
In most instances, uninstalling the freeware can stop browser hijacking problems. Deleting unknown browser add-on or extension is also helpful is stopping safeweballiance.com from redirecting your web browser.
Online Security Scanner Report for safeweballiance.com:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 3.0/5.0||Updated: Feb 10, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Feb 10, 2014|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Feb 10, 2014|
Safe Web Alliance Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Safe Web Alliance. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Safe Web Alliance. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Safe Web Alliance. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Safe Web Alliance Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Safe Web Alliance from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Safe Web Alliance on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Safe Web Alliance
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Safe Web Alliance. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Safe Web Alliance.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Safe Web Alliance should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Safe Web Alliance and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.