Safe Cleaner For Mac is a suspicious computer utility software made specifically for Mac systems. It can be installed on the computer even without user’s consent. Attacker usually bundled this rogue program to a number of freeware and shareware currently deployed on the internet. Browser redirects is also used to drive user into promotional website that entices them to install Safe Cleaner For Mac. Said website will impose various deceiving tricks in convincing visitors to download and install the application.
Once running on the computer, Safe Cleaner For Mac may run a scan from time-to-time. In order for this program to ploy user into buying the paid version, it will send alerts about certain issues found on the computer. This illusory scheme is commonly used by rogue software to gain profit by selling worthless application.
In general, Safe Cleaner For Mac is endorsed as a Macintosh utility program with striking features such as System Cleaner, App Optimizer, Uninstaller, Duplicates Finder, Internet Privacy, Shredder, and many more. It appears to be a prominent tool but it is alarming to know that it is affiliated to some PUP’s and Adware, which it uses as a way to spread copy of the program.
As of now, makers of Safe Cleaner For Mac is promoted and sold without any valid evidence of its effectiveness in optimizing the computer. In fact, there are various copies of this adware that shares the same scheme. Thus, it is still unsafe to trust the computer in the care of Safe Cleaner For Mac.
If you find it hard to remove Safe Cleaner For Mac from your device, you can just execute the guide on this page. This complete procedure will help you get rid of this rogue software easily.
Online Security Scanner Report for safecleanerformac.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: March 11, 2017|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: March 11, 2017|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: March 11, 2017|
Procedures to Remove Safe Cleaner For Mac
Below is a simple procedure to help you get rid of Safe Cleaner For Mac from Macintosh system. It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1: Quit Safe Cleaner For Mac Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Safe Cleaner For Mac window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Safe Cleaner For Mac. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Safe Cleaner For Mac. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Delete Malicious Files that have installed Safe Cleaner For Mac
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder…
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the Safe Cleaner For Mac to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most recent ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for any suspicious items that are similar to the ones in Step2, number 4. Drag them to the Trash.
10. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with the following names and drag them to Trash.
11. Lastly, please Empty your Mac’s Trash bin.
Step 3: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Safe Cleaner For Mac.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Safe Cleaner For Mac is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.
Step 4: Delete Mac Tuneup Process Login Account
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This may not be necessary, but if in case you want to delete this unwanted entry, please follow these steps:
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select the user account related to Safe Cleaner For Mac.
5. To delete Safe Cleaner For Mac account, click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.