It is very irritating to have S3arch.page on the browser because aside from hijacking the search result, this adware is not providing a helpful search outcome as compared to legitimate search like Google, Bing, or Yahoo. S3arch.page or also known as S3ARCH search engine produces a useless result that contains very little information and what it is capable of is filling the result page with paid links and bunch of advertisements.
The installation of S3arch.page on the browser is often without the full consent of computer user. Most of the time, S3ARCH enters the system alongside freeware that web users have obtained from unreliable sources. S3arch.page is often bundled to free software as games, tools, creativity app, media player, download manager, and so on. Ordinary computer users are innocent that most of the freeware available online were made to be a software bundle. Meaning, there is an add-on app like S3ARCH that may get installed on the computer while loading the main program. S3arch.page gets to penetrate the browser in this manner.
Because of immediate appearance on the browser and unsolicited changes made to it, computer users always assess S3arch.page as computer virus. But according to computer security experts, browser hijackers like this are more pertinent to the family of potentially unwanted program (PUP). Others categorized S3arch.page as an adware (ad-supported software) mainly because part of its operation is to sustain the exhibition of advertisements on the browser. Obviously, the objective is to generate revenue for the benefit of S3arch.page publishers.
Do not expect the browser to perform perfectly as long as S3arch.page is present. Web users will continue to experience excessive pop-up ads, redirects, and homepage hijacking due to the existence of this questionable search tool. Therefore, removal is suggested to restore the browser to its normal working state. Guide to get rid of S3arch.page is outlined below. Please execute the steps carefully and do not forget to scan the system with anti-malware and anti-virus tools.
S3arch.page Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to S3arch.page.
Remove S3arch.page Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find S3arch.page, XMS App, Suls App, or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall S3arch.page Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to S3arch.page, XMS App, or Suls App, and remove it from the browser.
Remove S3arch.page Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of S3arch.page from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If S3arch.page is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select S3arch.page, XMS App, Suls App, or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of S3arch.page on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by S3arch.page.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to S3arch.page.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like S3arch.page.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like S3arch.page.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to S3arch.page and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from S3arch.page
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If S3arch.page is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete S3arch.page
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete S3arch.page, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by S3arch.page and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. S3arch.page should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Post Last Modified On June 7, 2020