Rush Music Search is a Google Chrome browser extension that can override settings of homepage and default search engine. In fact, the same name will reflect on homepage of compromised browser. Rush Music Search claims to enhance online search experience of users especially if they are looking for music, albums, artists, and any relevant data.
Rush Music Search is deemed as potentially unwanted program (PUP) that sneaks onto the computer via freeware or shareware. This threat is cleverly hidden on free software via method called software bundling. Hence, user may not be able to see the installation course carried out by Rush Music Search.
When fully installed, Rush Music Search starts interfering with Google Chrome. It alters settings of vital pages like homepage, new tab, and preferred search provider. Some victims also complain of unwanted advertisements and redirects during the existence of Rush Music Search. This frustrating experience made them believe that this threat is part of virus infection.
In general, computer security experts classed Rush Music Search as adware or PUP. This means that it is categorically not harmful as viruses and malware. Moreover, adware only targets browser applications in the main objective of generating online profit by exploiting most of its pages. This is the reason why it overrides browser configuration – to display advertisements and paid links.
Even if Rush Music Search does not fall under computer virus category, we still urge users to remove it from the browser. This is the only way to bring back safety and security on Google Chrome. For a complete guide to remove Rush Music Search, please browse the special section below.
Online Security Scanner Report for livemediasearch.systems:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Oct. 7, 2018|
|Unverified||Feedback: No data||Updated: Oct. 7, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Oct. 7, 2018|
How to Remove Rush Music Search
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove Rush Music Search from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove Rush Music Search from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If Rush Music Search persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Rush Music Search from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Rush Music Search by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Rush Music Search removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Rush Music Search. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Rush Music Search. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Rush Music Search
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Rush Music Search entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Rush Music Search.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Rush Music Search and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Rush Music Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.