Rogue Scanner Type 1929 is detection for a malicious code that exists on fraudulent web pages. It is also present on some legitimate web sites. Malware authors are illicitly injecting codes to target web sites without the consent of web administrator. In short, hacked web sites may pose as Rogue Scanner Type 1929 unknown to its developer.
The main goal behind this malicious code injection is to find weakness and exploit certain vulnerabilities on the computer. It can be found on outdated software or security holes of any installed programs. Once attackers have taken advantages of this code, Rogue Scanner Type 1929 will be installed on the computer. Similar ploy is applied when attacking web sites.
Rogue Scanner Type 1929 is normally identified by AVG antivirus when user attempts to visit compromised web sites. So, when you see pop-up alerts stating Rogue Scanner Type 1929 threat, better leave the web site and avoid clicking on any prompts that it may bring onto your screen. Better if you will cease Internet connection right away after seeing an alert of Rogue Scanner Type 1929 detection.
Receiving Rogue Scanner Type 1929 pop-up warning doesn’t necessary mean that computer is already infected with the virus. Chances are that the malware was prevented from entering the computer. However, we still suggest running a full scan of anti-virus and anti-malware program to ensure that PC is free from any threats.
Other deadly variants of this malware includes Rogue Scanner type 1927, Rogue Scanner type 831, Rogue Scanner type 1868, Rogue Scanner type 1885, Rogue Scanner type 1876, Rogue Scanner type 1870, Rogue Scanner type 1886, Rogue Scanner type 965, Rogue Scanner type 1852, Rogue Scanner type 1878, Rogue Scanner type 932, Rogue Scanner type 1917, Rogue Scanner type 1901, Rogue Scanner type 1879, Rogue Scanner type 1877, and Rogue Scanner type 1866.
How to Remove Rogue Scanner Type 1929
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Rogue Scanner Type 1929 and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 2: Double-check for Rogue Scanner Type 1929′ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Rogue Scanner Type 1929. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Rogue Scanner Type 1929 entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Rogue Scanner Type 1929 have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.