Right-Click Search is a browser extension made specifically for Google Chrome browser. It claims to give user quick Google and Wikipedia search via highlighted text on the content of the web page. Upon installation, the adware will change certain settings on the browser. This modification will allow Right-Click Search link to appear on every web page you are viewing.
With thorough study, it was discovered that Right-Click Search is the source of excessive advertisements and browser redirect. In fact, this adware originates from the family of adware that also produces Search Tool.
Right-Click Search issues contextual ads in various formats. It may show pop-up ads, banners, in-line, redirects, or full-page endorsements with label “Ads by Right-Click Search“. The safety of these ads is still in question. There are reports that malware authors are exploiting this ad campaign to distribute malware or adware. Thus, be cautious when clicking links delivered by Right-Click Search extension.
Removal of malicious program like Right-Click Search may be complicated when done without proper tools and efficient scanners. Plug-ins, files, and registry entries are just some part of this adware that cannot come off right away during normal virus scan. Therefore, you are not fully removing Right-Click Search through ordinary means. It may re-emerge once you restart the computer.
In order to remove Right-Click Search together with other adware that comes with it, we have provided a simple guide on this page. We recommend the use of various malware scanners to delete all hidden adware entities that were dropped on different location of your computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for rightclicksearch.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Sept. 01, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||Sept. 01, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Sept. 01, 2016|
How to Remove Right-Click Search
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Right-Click Search
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Right-Click Search entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Right-Click Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Right-Click Search from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Right-Click Search on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Right-Click Search
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Right-Click Search. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Right-Click Search. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
Remove Right-Click Search from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Right-Click Search. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Right-Click Search.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Right-Click Search should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Right-Click Search and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.