The presence of potentially unwanted programs (PUP) is usually the main cause of browser redirects. The usual web destinations of browser redirects either are malicious websites deceiving online users or containing infectious content that will cause computer implications. One example of browser redirect is the website Ricultwitho.info, which tries to trick online users into subscribing alerts from their site. Ricultwitho.info has the primary objective to encourage web users into enabling browser notifications. Pop-up message stating “Ricultwitho.info wants to show notifications” will exhibit on the browser consisting of “Allow” button. If web user confirms, then the Ricultwitho.info site will begin to spam the browser with plenty of notifications consisting of intrusive ads and pop-ups.
Clicking ads and pop-ups coming from the Ricultwitho.info website can provoke computer infections. Some ads are hiding malicious codes and execute when clicked that automatically installs unwanted programs without the web user’s knowledge. Malware intrusion is the leading cause of issues and infection resulting to affect the computer’s performance and even the contamination of the operating system. Therefore, when the user suddenly gets redirected into the Ricultwitho.info site, it is better not to browse any further and do not click anything on the page as much as possible.
Sudden redirection into Ricultwitho.info is a sign that the computer is infected with an unwanted program. Though browser redirect is not a major computer issue, it is much better if web user will never encounter questionable site like Ricultwitho.info. The best way to stop this computer issue is to remove the unwanted program that is possibly causing browser redirect. If the computer is free from any malware infections, then the browser will not operate maliciously. In addition, if in case of sudden redirection into the Ricultwitho.info site, there is no harm in closing the page to prevent any possible risks.
Procedures to Remove Ricultwitho.info from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Ricultwitho.info. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Ricultwitho.info.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Ricultwitho.info
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Ricultwitho.info or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Ricultwitho.info.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Ricultwitho.info is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Ricultwitho.info Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Ricultwitho.info during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Ricultwitho.info.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Ricultwitho.info or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 5: Block Ricultwitho.info Pop-up Notification from Google Chrome
The small box appearing on sidebar or taskbar bearing the web address of Ricultwitho.info is called Push Notifications. Most of the time, removing the browser extension that enforces it is enough to stop the pop-ups. Hence, if Ricultwitho.info pop-ups persistently appears, this guide is helpful in blocking it manually.
1. On the address bar, please type the following strings and press Return on keyboard:
2. Navigate to "Allow" section and locate Ricultwitho.info.
3. Click on More Actions button (3 dots) and select Block from the list. You may also choose Remove but blocking is more preferred to avoid encountering the same in the future.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Ricultwitho.info. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Ricultwitho.info or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Ricultwitho.info.