Registry Mechanic is an application made by Scanguard group and is included in the classification of potentially unwanted program (PUP). This only signifies that the program is malicious and if manages to enter the computer, it can accomplish misleading tactics in an attempt to persuade users into purchasing the Registry Mechanic full version.
Authors of this counterfeit optimization and registry fixer tool utilizes malicious advertising campaign to spread a copy over the internet. Users may bump into the ads when viewing dubious sites and free software and movie download pages. At first, the ad may pretend as scanner page, which detect various irregularities on the computer. Subsequently, it prompts user to download a copy of Registry Mechanic stating that this is the best solution in fixing system errors.
Once the program is installed on the computer, it carries out the same misleading tactics to sell the rogue tool. To further convince victims, Registry Mechanic will scan the computer and falsely identifies a number of broken Windows registry and system errors. In addition, it constantly shows warnings and alerts convincing users to repair the errors at a cost of Registry Mechanic registration key.
Keep in mind that rogue program like this fake tool is responsible for swindling money from thousands of computer users globally. Therefore, as soon as Registry Mechanic is observed on the computer, the right thing to do is to perform immediate removal. Never pay for this worthless application as it will continue to endanger the computer during its existence. Complete guide to remove Registry Mechanic is the topic on the next segment.
Registry Mechanic Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Registry Mechanic from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Registry Mechanic from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Registry Mechanic and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Registry Mechanic using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Registry Mechanic . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Registry Mechanic entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Registry Mechanic have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Registry Mechanic.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.