RegeasyFixer is advertised as Windows optimization tool that works well in fixing broken registry entries and deleting junk files. Hence, most computer users who have this program on their computer are not satisfied with its performance. According to them, RegeasyFixer applies forcible entry via third-party application that was obtained from questionable website. Clearly, web users who are careless in downloading freeware are easy target for this type of malware.
Coming from the family of Scanguard, RegeasyFixer is just a remake of previous counterfeit Windows registry tools as Microsoft Cleanup, Registry Mechanic, and many more similar potentially unwanted program (PUP). All of these threats are causing annoyances due to constant display of pop-up alerts and notifications about system errors. Then, it advises users to deal with it urgently at a cost of RegeasyFixer registration key that can be purchase from predefined online payment processor.
System errors and scan results produces by RegeasyFixer are just falsified information. It will provide the same amount of alarming details even on clean PC. This misleading technique is common for every single rogue tool and is the main medium to convince victims that purchasing the full version of RegeasyFixer is necessary.
To sum up, RegeasyFixer was replicated from previous versions initially to swindle money from victims by masquerading as Windows utility tool that improves system performance, remove junk files, boost memory, and fixes broken registry. However, its performance once installed on the computer is a total contradiction. It diminishes system performance due to excessive usage of resources and unnecessary scan activities. Therefore, we highly recommend immediate removal of RegeasyFixer to avoid further troubles. Complete guide to eliminate the threat is outlined below.
RegeasyFixer Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall RegeasyFixer from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select RegeasyFixer from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds RegeasyFixer and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of RegeasyFixer using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for RegeasyFixer . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all RegeasyFixer entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that RegeasyFixer have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to RegeasyFixer.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.