Regcleanerz sudden appearance on the computer may have something to do with the most recent download and installation of freeware. Since this is an unknown program, there is no way that users may voluntarily load it onto their computer. Therefore, makers of Regcleanerz are resorting to illusive marketing campaign as one way to distribute this tool. It may appear on advertisements as attractive application offering diverse computer enhancement benefits. But unknown to web users, the misleading advertisements is trying to lure them into obtaining a copy of Regcleanerz.
Another scheme to distribute this unwanted tool is through software bundling trick wherein installer file of Regcleanerz is integrated to another application and offered as one attractive program. The host file may be free utilities, software update, download manager, or internet speed tool. Users are completely unaware that copy of Regcleanerz will be installed once they executed the freeware. It will never provide notifications regarding the installation of added Windows registry cleaner to avoid any obstruction.
Only time for user to notice the existence of Regcleanerz is when it initiates system scan and identifies loads of system errors and broken Windows registries. Moreover, this unwanted tool will continue to provide pop-up alerts and warning messages claiming the same troubles that require urgent fixing.
As usual, the motive of Regcleanerz is to cause uneasiness in order to influence user that registered version of the program is vital to fix the troubled Windows system. This has been the tactic of so many rogue applications, which includes malware from the same group as Registry Doc and PC Boost Pro. Therefore, none of these tools should remain on the computer in order to restore safety and security. Full instructions to remove Regcleanerz are provided below.
Regcleanerz Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Regcleanerz from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Regcleanerz from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Regcleanerz and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Regcleanerz using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Regcleanerz . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Regcleanerz entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Regcleanerz have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Regcleanerz.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.