Regcleanerz sudden appearance on the computer may have something to do with the most recent download and installation of freeware. Since this is an unknown program, there is no way that users may voluntarily load it onto their computer. Therefore, makers of Regcleanerz are resorting to illusive marketing campaign as one way to distribute this tool. It may appear on advertisements as attractive application offering diverse computer enhancement benefits. But unknown to web users, the misleading advertisements is trying to lure them into obtaining a copy of Regcleanerz.
Another scheme to distribute this unwanted tool is through software bundling trick wherein installer file of Regcleanerz is integrated to another application and offered as one attractive program. The host file may be free utilities, software update, download manager, or internet speed tool. Users are completely unaware that copy of Regcleanerz will be installed once they executed the freeware. It will never provide notifications regarding the installation of added Windows registry cleaner to avoid any obstruction.
Only time for user to notice the existence of Regcleanerz is when it initiates system scan and identifies loads of system errors and broken Windows registries. Moreover, this unwanted tool will continue to provide pop-up alerts and warning messages claiming the same troubles that require urgent fixing.
As usual, the motive of Regcleanerz is to cause uneasiness in order to influence user that registered version of the program is vital to fix the troubled Windows system. This has been the tactic of so many rogue applications, which includes malware from the same group as Registry Doc and PC Boost Pro. Therefore, none of these tools should remain on the computer in order to restore safety and security. Full instructions to remove Regcleanerz are provided below.
Regcleanerz Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Regcleanerz through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Regcleanerz, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Regcleanerz rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Regcleanerz
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Regcleanerz and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Regcleanerz from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Regcleanerz from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Regcleanerz unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Regcleanerz and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Regcleanerz using Anti-malware Program
To remove Regcleanerz automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Regcleanerz that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Regcleanerz.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.