Rathether.info is a questionable website that exhibits deceiving techniques in order to trick web users into allowing alerts from their site. Rathether.info aims to bombard the browser with plenty of notifications that usually contain intrusive ads related to adult web pages, scams, or any malicious schemes. Rathether.info requests the web user to click “Allow” or any particular button on the website to confirm that web user is not a robot, download files, access the internet, or enable flash player. In fact, any of those clickable elements are just a trick of Rathether.info site to encourage the web user on clicking. Once the web user clicks the “Allow” button, the browser will start to show unwanted advertisements in different forms such as pop-ups ads, banners, in-text ads, or coupons. Aside from that, push notifications are everywhere on the browser introducing free online games, fake prizes scams, or suspicious browser plug-ins. When the Rathether.info site opens on the browser, do not attempt to click anything on the page, or some unexpected infections may arise.
Potentially unwanted program (PUP) is the primary reason behind the invasive behavior on the browser. Malicious software triggers redirects that link the browser into dubious websites like Rathether.info. Unwanted programs can display ads and pop-ups on the browser. Clicking such ads generated by malicious programs can cause browser redirection leading to Rathether.info or any untrustworthy websites like Message-alert.info, Check-message.live, Ciledhoopinga.info, and so on. One way to end being redirected into questionable sites like Rathether.info is to check the computer and remove the unwanted programs causing malicious operations.
Aside from that, web users should not click any ads or pop-ups from the internet. There are advertisements that can bring infections that could result in severe computer issues. In addition, always inspect the installation process because most of the unwanted programs can infiltrate the computer without permission from the web user.
Rathether.info Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
This malware removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any threats like Trojan, virus, PUP, adware and malicious redirects like Rathether.info. The tool is powerful enough to find hazardous items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
To remove Rathether.info from Mac OS, please use the tool that was designed specifically for Macintosh users.
Malwarebytes For Mac Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Rathether.info.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Rathether.info and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Stage 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Rathether.info. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3 : Remove Rathether.info Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Rathether.info pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Rathether.info from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Rathether.info and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Rathether.info
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Rathether.info. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Rathether.info from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Rathether.info. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Rathether.info. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Rathether.info redirect and pop-up should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Rathether.info and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see view instructions here.
Post Last Modified On April 15, 2020