There are several ways for RadioSearches to attract web users especially those that are fond of listening to online radios. This unwanted browser extension, which is destined to promote Feed.radio-searches.com after installation asserts that improving online and searching experience is its featured offering. Aside from that, RadioSearches claims to provide web users with quick access to different online radio sites and resources.
The truth is, RadioSearches emerges from the family of adware where similar suspicious browser extension as BestPDFSearch, 4kSportSearch, and TopStreamsSearch are affiliated. Therefore, RadioSearches is anticipated to apply the same spread tactics where it employs deceitful ways. Makers of this adware rely on one of the most efficient way to deploy RadioSearches and it is via software bundling scheme. This is a method where attackers are embedding the adware code to different freeware, shareware, or third party applications and made them available online so that anyone can download it for free. As what goes with most adware, RadioSearches gets onboard during the setup process of the downloaded freeware without the knowledge of users.
Another ways that RadioSearches makers are devising to propagate copies the adware may takes place on the following online actions:
Aggressive pop-up advertisements – Web users may occasionally experience pop-up advertisements that promote RadioSearches as valuable browser extension which offers several benefits when installed. Because the ads are too assertive, some online users ended up with the accidental installation of RadioSearches.
Cracked programs – This is very similar to software bundling. Hence, instead of a freeware, RadioSearches code is attached to unlicensed software that was modified to remove the restrictions. Along with the modifications, attackers were able to integrate RadioSearches and run it during installation process.
Fake software update – Installation via this trick is very similar as it loads RadioSearches very discreetly. Though, the method of approaching web users is very much different. In this method, pop-up ads were designed to appear as valid system warnings that detects obsolete program. It suggest to download the software update as main solution and to avoid facing program issues. Instead of a software update, RadioSearches will be installed in its place.
Web users have nothing to gain on the installation of RadioSearches. It is actually the basis for several browser issues and annoyances. Therefore, computer security experts suggest that user must perform the removal at once. To help victims, we made a simple yet effective guide to remove RadioSearches together with free malware and virus scanners.
RadioSearches Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer. The guide includes procedures to remove the unwanted URL Radio-searches.com that may have taken over the homepage.
In order to totally eliminate the adware RadioSearches and its relevant malicious domain Radio-searches.com, it is vital to follow the remove process in exact manner.
Instant Removal : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove RadioSearches automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like RadioSearches that slows down online browsing activities. Right after the threat removal, the unwanted web address Radio-searches.com from homepage is expected to be eliminated too.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to RadioSearches as well as Radio-searches.com pop-ups and hijacker.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats because one of those might be the responsible for showing of RadioSearches. Please restart the computer when necessary.
The chances of stopping Radio-searches.com pop-ups or redirects is also possible after the threat removal. If it still remains, please follow the Radio-searches.com pop-up removal guide.
The computer should now be free from RadioSearches. If you feel that the above solution is not sufficient in getting rid of the browser hijacker, please proceed with the succeeding steps.
Step 1 : Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using an add-on called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. This is the reason why Radio-searches.com is set on homepage and search tool. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to RadioSearches.
Remove RadioSearches Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find RadioSearches or relevant entry like Radio-searches.com and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall RadioSearches Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to RadioSearches or Radio-searches.com and remove it from the browser.
Remove RadioSearches Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of RadioSearches from Toolbars and Extension and remove Radio-searches.com Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If RadioSearches is still present on the IE browser and homepage is still under the control of Radio-searches.com, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select RadioSearches or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of RadioSearches on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications that also causes Radio-searches.com pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by RadioSearches and Radio-searches.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions (RadioSearches), plug-ins, adware, and pop-up makers like Radio-searches.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for RadioSearches and any possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, as well as unwanted homepage like Radio-searches.com.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like RadioSearches. The tool is also helpful in eliminating the source of Radio-searches.com pop-ups and redirects.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to RadioSearches and other suspicious entities that redirects the homepage to Radio-searches.com. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option : Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from RadioSearches
Not all adware and PUP's are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instance, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If RadioSearches is still bothering you after completing all the steps above and Radio-searches.com pop-ups and homepage remains, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete RadioSearches
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete RadioSearches, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by RadioSearches adware and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating "Give Firefox a Tune Up". Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. RadioSearches should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox. Homepage should now reveal the legitimate URL and not Radio-searches.com.
How to remove Radio-searches.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Radio-searches.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Radio-searches.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Radio-searches.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Radio-searches.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Radio-searches.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Radio-searches.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Radio-searches.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Radio-searches.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Radio-searches.com pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Radio-searches.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Radio-searches.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Radio-searches.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.