Quicknewtab.com browser hijacker is a threat to computer because it can redirect browser to websites that are promoting malicious contents. In addition, online security and privacy of user is at risk with this kind of computer menace. When Quicknewtab.com is present on the computer, it can track web users browsing activities and log information like favorite websites, search keywords, and online preferences. On top of this, personal details are also in danger during the existence of Quicknewtab.com. It logs crucial data like user name, passwords, and IP address of internet user.
Makers of Quicknewtab.com cannot deny the fact that this supposed browser extension is characterized as potentially unwanted program (PUP). Malicious apps like this commonly get inside the computer with no proper authorization from users. In most instances, software bundle assists the penetration technique and users are not informed about the installation of this adware including the modifications that it would carry out on default internet software. As such, some users think that abrupt presence of Quicknewtab.com is due to a computer virus infection.
Technically, Quicknewtab.com is not a virus basing from its payload. The mere objective of this adware is to attack internet browser program like Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge. Once it is able to control the internet application, the adware will execute unsolicited changes wherein the results will be very visible on homepage and new tab. Both will start on Quicknewtab.com as the new default URL.
Quicknewtab.com is definitely an unwanted program and far from being in the list of computer viruses. Even though, we highly suggest removing this browser hijacker to avoid conflicts on browser settings. Deleting Quicknewtab.com also restores the internet program to its previous good working condition.
Quicknewtab.com Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting Quicknewtab.com hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete Quicknewtab.com Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Quicknewtab.com.
Remove Quicknewtab.com Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Quicknewtab.com or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall Quicknewtab.com Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Quicknewtab.com and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Quicknewtab.com is also gone from the homepage.
Remove Quicknewtab.com Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Quicknewtab.com from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete Quicknewtab.com from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Quicknewtab.com is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups originating from Quicknewtab.com, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select Quicknewtab.com or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove Quicknewtab.com automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like Quicknewtab.com that assigns Quicknewtab.com as the homepage URL.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Quicknewtab.com.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Quicknewtab.com and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Quicknewtab.com browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and Quicknewtab.com still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Quicknewtab.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces Quicknewtab.com pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Quicknewtab.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Quicknewtab.com. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with Quicknewtab.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Quicknewtab.com. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Quicknewtab.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Quicknewtab.com. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Quicknewtab.com.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Quicknewtab.com extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Quicknewtab.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Quicknewtab.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Quicknewtab.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.