Performance of internet browser program may diminish if adware is installed and manages to disrupt some of its primary functions. One adware that is capable of causing such trouble on Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge is called QuickLiveNews.
This malicious browser extension from host Quicklivenews.com is currently listed as a threat under the classification of potentially unwanted program (PUP). It cleverly sneaks onto the computer through several freeware apps like free games, media converter, utilities, creativity software, and bogus software updates. Makers of QuickLiveNews integrates the code into the setup file of these freeware and as a rule, they never disclose this to computer users. Because once user got the idea that QuickLiveNews is part of the software bundle, they may exclude QuickLiveNews from being installed.
For web users who are fond of downloading freeware, one way to avoid getting adware like QuickLiveNews is to run the installation via Custom or Advance method. This is the only way to see if there are surplus applications on the setup package. It is also easier to exclude any unwanted program from being installed through the said setup method.
If ever QuickLiveNews was installed because innocent user was able to run the default and traditional process, the infection will immediately cause several changes on internet browser program. As stated, it alters the default value on homepage, new tab, and search engine. In addition, QuickLiveNews will excessively issue pop-up ads and redirects as it aims to generate online profit while taking advantages of the infected internet browser program. As part of its operation, QuickLiveNews carry out major investigative task to record basic information like web user’s favorite websites, search keywords, user name, passwords, location, and so on. These data is crucial in elevating the ad profit. Attackers may be able to display personalized advertisements once they analyzed and pinpoint the actual ad that attracts web users.
So far, there having QuickLiveNews shows no genuine advantage for end users. Improving online and search experience is not attainable by having this on the browser program. This browser extension is a mere adware that is going to exploit the computer for selfish gain of the developers.
QuickLiveNews Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to QuickLiveNews.
Remove QuickLiveNews Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Quick Live News or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall QuickLiveNews Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Quick Live News and remove it from the browser.
Remove QuickLiveNews Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Quick Live News from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If QuickLiveNews is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Quick Live News or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of QuickLiveNews on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by QuickLiveNews.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to QuickLiveNews.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like QuickLiveNews.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like QuickLiveNews.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to QuickLiveNews and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Stage 4: Remove Quicklivenews.com Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Quicklivenews.com pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Quicklivenews.com from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Quicklivenews.com and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from QuickLiveNews
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If QuickLiveNews is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete QuickLiveNews
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete QuickLiveNews, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by QuickLiveNews and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. QuickLiveNews should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.