QuickCheap is a plug-in for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Once added to the browser, it can substitute your default search and home page settings with an unknown one. The procurement of this computer threat is highly likely while navigating carelessly over the Internet, as it has been made adapted to widely used and notable browser programs.
QuickCheap is just the same with majority of influential adware and other suspicious browser extension developed with browser intention. There may be a slight distinction in terms of the characteristics presented, but these uncertain applications have the same view, behaviors, and execution in the contaminated computer.
It is a bad idea to have QuickCheap as the fundamental research tool. You cannot restrain and guard your browser from mistrustful and unsafe items that are widely dispersed over the Internet. Occasionally, the compromised browser program will be redirected to a website which contains malicious ads and links.
In addition, QuickCheap hijacker is not only a podium used by cyber crook to discharge on-line advertisements. But it also assists as a tool to collect information concerning users’ browsing activities on the Internet. Details such as search terms, online account identifiers, the most visited websites, and other data about your browsing routine are some of the things that can be stolen by QuickCheap.
Once you distinguish that QuickCheap is an unsecured browser extension, there is no longer any ground not to delete this adware. To fully remove this influential threat from your computer as well as internet application, all you need to do is follow the instructions as explained below.
How this Adware Enters the Computer
Makers of QuickCheap manages to spread this adware in several methods. Hence, it is through software bundling hoax that it reaches the peak of contaminating the internet browser programs including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. These malicious software bundles are often downloaded by computer users from distrustful file-sharing sites, torrent portals, and aggressive pop-up advertisements offering software update or valuable browser extension.
What QuickCheap can do
As we already know, QuickCheap is listed under the classification of adware. Meaning, part of its operation includes the showcasing of advertisements on the browser in order to gain profit, which is what the authors desire for making this application. Unknown to many computer users, adware like QuickCheap is also capable of tracking web user’s browsing activities and it can record data like search keywords, visited online pages, and favorite websites of online users. As such, QuickCheap is a threat to web users online privacy and security.
QuickCheap Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting browser hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of browser hijacker like QuickCheap through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like QuickCheap, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete QuickCheap hijacker including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows includes Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : Delete QuickCheap Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to QuickCheap.
Remove QuickCheap Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find QuickCheap or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall QuickCheap Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to QuickCheap and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that QuickCheap is also gone from the homepage.
Remove QuickCheap Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of QuickCheap from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete unwanted entry from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If QuickCheap is still present on the IE browser and there are still unwanted homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select QuickCheap or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove QuickCheap automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-virus tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like QuickCheap that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like QuickCheap.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to QuickCheap and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the QuickCheap browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of QuickCheap on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces hijacking, redirects, and pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by QuickCheap.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to QuickCheap. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with the hijacker.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by QuickCheap. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with QuickCheap. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from QuickCheap. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of QuickCheap.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed QuickCheap extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to QuickCheap. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. QuickCheap should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by QuickCheap and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.