Quick Maps 100 is a Google Chrome extension that allegedly gives you free map and navigation access to find the fastest way to get from A to B. It works on new tab window of Google Chrome. Aside from providing unwanted new tab, Quick Maps 100 also controls your default search engine and assigns an unknown one. Instead of your chosen search tool, you may see unwanted homepage, start-up, and new tab window.
Most adware programs are hijacking browser settings that cause redirection to various unsolicited web sites. Soon enough, you may obtain virus or malware hosted on dubious sites due to regular browser redirection. Thus, it is highly advice to get rid of Quick Maps 100 and all of its components and related applications.
Quick Maps 100 is normally bundled with certain apps and shareware that can be acquired from questionable web sites. Downloading these apps can be the root of potentially unwanted program infection. Even worthy program did not escape the deceitful scheme of malware authors. They are repacking useful programs with Quick Maps 100 so that this adware can spread quickly over the internet. To ensure that you are obtaining clean copy of software, download only from reputable or official web sites.
When Quick Maps 100 adware is bothering your internet activities or if you are seeing excessive advertisements and redirect issues, it implies that adware is present on the computer. In these cases, immediately scan the system with efficient anti-virus and anti-malware tools. Complete guide to get rid of Quick Maps 100 from Google Chrome browser and PC as well is outlined below.
Online Security Scanner Report for quickmaps100.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Oct. 15, 2017|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||Oct. 15, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Oct. 15, 2017|
How to Remove Quick Maps 100
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Quick Maps 100
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Quick Maps 100 entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Quick Maps 100. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Quick Maps 100 from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Quick Maps 100 on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Quick Maps 100 from Google Chrome
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Quick Maps 100. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Deleting Quick Maps 100 Extension
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Quick Maps 100 by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Go to Settings window (chrome://settings). Under On Startup area, click Disable extension if Quick Maps 100 is present.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Quick Maps 100. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Quick Maps 100. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.