Qbit Mac Speedup is another questionable security and optimizer tool from PCVARK family of rogue software. The program normally enters the computer uninvited when it is packed to another free software that is maliciously distributed online. On some instances, users are involved with the downloading and installation of Qbit Mac Speedup but there is an applied misleading scheme during this occurrence. Malware developers are known to be spending in the online advertising campaign, but unlike usual ads, Qbit Mac Speedup ads are mostly aggressive and deceitful.
Mac users normally bump into the malicious ads that were designed to appear as online system scanner. It scans web user’s computer and the outcome it produces are filled with detected issues and troubles. Malware makers are taking advantage of this unfortunate situation to compel Mac users to download and install Qbit Mac Speedup while claiming that this will solve all identified Mac system performance issues.
Naive Mac users are unaware that installation of Qbit Mac Speedup may lead to further disturbances and can cause additional risk. If successfully installed, the rogue program has all the resources to dominate the computer and initiate the false scans from time to time. Aside from being disruptive, Qbit Mac Speedup consumes too much system resources that may cause Mac slowdown and program crashes.
Existence of Qbit Mac Speedup or similar bogus apps like Mac Magician and Advanced Mac Booster are also the source of unending pop-up alerts and warning messages to continuously remind users that buying the registered version of the optimizer tool is the only way to resolve computer troubles.
Before purchasing Qbit Mac Speedup, bear in mind that this rogue application was made solely to swindle money from victims. Its scan and detect features provides false results as a way to deceive Mac users and influence them to pay for the Qbit Mac Speedup license key. Therefore, it is suggested to get rid of it and never spend a penny for this worthless app. Complete guide to remove Qbit Mac Speedup is the topic on the next section.
Procedures to Remove Qbit Mac Speedup
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac computer.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Qbit Mac Speedup. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Qbit Mac Speedup.
6. As shown in the image below, Combo Cleaner accurately detects Qbit Mac Speedup rogue program. Proceed with the removal of the virus by upgrading Combo Cleaner to full version.
Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Quit Qbit Mac Speedup Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Qbit Mac Speedup window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Qbit Mac Speedup. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Qbit Mac Speedup. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 2 : Delete Qbit Mac Speedup Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Qbit Mac Speedup during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Qbit Mac Speedup.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Qbit Mac Speedup from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
As stated, the creation of Login Items or profile is case-to-case basis. Some unwanted application may add their entry on this section but others are not concern on making one. So, if Qbit Mac Speedup Login item is not present, please continue with the succeeding steps.
Step 3 : Delete Qbit Mac Speedup Application
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find Qbit Mac Speedup or any unwanted program.
4. Drag the Qbit Mac Speedup to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 4 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Qbit Mac Speedup
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Qbit Mac Speedup to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 5 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Qbit Mac Speedup.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Qbit Mac Speedup is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.