One more addition to the long list of rogue tool from PCVARK is called Qbit Mac Optimizer. Creators of this counterfeit security and optimization software are employing variations of approach for successful deployment online. More frequently, bogus app like Qbit Mac Optimizer is spread over the internet as part of software bundled where its installation file is embedded to freeware that normally made available for free download as utilities, games, media player, or software update.
Another method for online delivery of this potentially unwanted program (PUP) is through fake online scanner page. Mac users commonly come across these diagnostics pages when they visit malicious websites running a script or advertisements that redirect the browser to said web page. Aim of these bogus online scanners is to scare Mac users by making use of alarming tactics. It commonly releases bunch of fictitious detection like malware and PUP presence, invalid registry entries, start-up errors, and many more system difficulties. This misleading effort aims to convince web users that acquiring Qbit Mac Optimizer is necessary to fix the issues.
Installation of Qbit Mac Optimizer on Mac system is insufficient to repair previously detected errors. In fact, having this locally installed will cause more disturbances due to excessive display of warnings and alerts. Moreover, Qbit Mac Optimizer frequently runs full scan diagnostics especially after computer boot up. The fix it claims to provide will only be available if user decides to purchase the Qbit Mac Optimizer full version. However, computer security analysts are rejecting this option of obtaining the registered copy because according to them, Qbit Mac Optimizer is the culprit of all these computer irregularities and removing it is the only solution.
Below, we are providing simple guide to get rid of the rogue tool. Scan the computer with recommended anti-virus and anti-malware application to completely remove Qbit Mac Optimizer and all associated malicious items.
Procedures to Remove Qbit Mac Optimizer
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac system.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Qbit Mac Optimizer. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Qbit Mac Optimizer.
6. As shown in the image below, Combo Cleaner accurately detects Qbit Mac Optimizer rogue program. Proceed with the removal of the virus by upgrading Combo Cleaner to full version.
Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Quit Qbit Mac Optimizer Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Qbit Mac Optimizer window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Qbit Mac Optimizer. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Qbit Mac Optimizer. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 2 : Delete Qbit Mac Optimizer Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Qbit Mac Optimizer during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Qbit Mac Optimizer.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Qbit Mac Optimizer from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
As stated, the creation of Login Items or profile is case-to-case basis. Some unwanted application may add their entry on this section but others are not concern on making one. So, if Qbit Mac Optimizer Login item is not present, please continue with the succeeding steps.
Step 3 : Delete Qbit Mac Optimizer Application
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find Qbit Mac Optimizer or any unwanted program.
4. Drag the Qbit Mac Optimizer to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 4 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Qbit Mac Optimizer
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Qbit Mac Optimizer to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
- Qbit Mac Optimizer
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 5 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Qbit Mac Optimizer.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Qbit Mac Optimizer is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.