Adding up to the long list of insignificant security and optimization tool for Mac OS is Qbit Mac Cleaner. Its entry on the computer is often unsolicited because rogue application like this usually arrives as part of software bundles that user may have downloaded from distrustful websites. On several instances, the ability of malicious advertisement to trick users by using a fake scanner page is the reason for the unnecessary installation of Qbit Mac Cleaner. Misleading ads normally pose as online scanner that quickly detects numerous malfunctions on web user’s computer. Eventually, the page prompts to fix them with a single click of button. Unknown to users, this simple action permits the full installation of Qbit Mac Cleaner onto their computer.
As soon as Qbit Mac Cleaner is successfully installed, it starts to initiate a full system scan. Detecting numerous non-existent threats and issues is its first initiative to mislead Mac users regarding diminishing system performance. As additional tactic to scare victims, Qbit Mac Cleaner occasionally pop-ups alerts and warnings affirming the findings from previous scans about the presence of threats and a number of abnormality like duplicate files, drive clutter, and many more. The purpose for repeatedly exhibiting the discovery of numerous troubles is to persuade users to act immediately and resolve it using the paid version of Qbit Mac Cleaner.
It is obvious that the creation of Qbit Mac Cleaner was not really meant to help Mac users in fixing computer issues. Like its predecessors as Qbit Mac Speedup and Advanced Mac Booster, the main goal of this potentially unwanted program (PUP) is to swindle money from victims by exploiting their innocence with regards to threats and glitches on their Mac computers. Therefore, it is highly advice to immediately uninstall Qbit Mac Cleaner. If difficulty arises during the removal process, please execute the procedures as outlined below.
Procedures to Remove Qbit Mac Cleaner
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac system.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Qbit Mac Cleaner. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
Click here to Download Combo Cleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Qbit Mac Cleaner.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Quit Qbit Mac Cleaner Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Qbit Mac Cleaner window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Qbit Mac Cleaner. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Qbit Mac Cleaner. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete Qbit Mac Cleaner Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Qbit Mac Cleaner during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Qbit Mac Cleaner.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Qbit Mac Cleaner from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 4 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Qbit Mac Cleaner
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
- Qbit Mac Cleaner.agent
- Qbit Mac Cleaner.app
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Qbit Mac Cleaner to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 5 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Qbit Mac Cleaner.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Qbit Mac Cleaner is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.