The Pushtoday.icu pop-up ad is one example of aggressive online marketing scheme that takes advantages of push notification browser feature. If user allows Pushtoday.icu to be listed in the notification settings, there is a high possibility that attackers would exploit it to deliver unrelenting pop-up ads on the internet browser program.
Computer security analysts are suggesting to avoid and block any unnecessary transmission from suspicious sites including Pushtoday.icu. Hence, not all web users are skillful in differentiating good sites from ones that carry out online attacks. In fact, most visits to Pushtoday.icu are involuntary. The sudden redirects that many web users are encountering is highly anticipated especially when viewing sites that are involved in illegal undertakings like serving copyrighted movies, software, music, and so on.
The moment web users get redirected to Pushtoday.icu, several pop-ups may appear including a prompt that is asking permission to allow notification from this site. It seems as simple request that could not cause hostile effect when authorized but due to carelessness and ignorant of most web users, their simple actions of giving consent to pop-up can lead to more troubles and issues. After activating the push notification from Pushtoday.icu, the site includes the browser program to be in the list for recipient of extreme pop-up ads. That is to say, Pushtoday.icu pop-ups continuously appear on the browser as long as it is active and user is browsing the web. It is a total chaos on the part of internet user because they will never experience normal browsing due to page view obstruction by Pushtoday.icu pop-up ads.
The possibility of obtaining adware or malware is bound to happen especially if web users decided to click on the links provided by Pushtoday.icu. Mostly, it contains links that points the browser to sites that contaminates the computer via drive-by-download scripts. On some instances, pop-up ads by Pushtoday.icu supplies misleading warnings that intends to sway users into downloading a potentially unwanted program (PUP).
To wrap up, avoid Pushtoday.icu website at all cost. If it manages to send push notification settings, simply follow the guide below to delete the entry from browser configuration.
Pushtoday.icu Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
This malware removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any threats like Trojan, virus, PUP, adware and malicious redirects like Pushtoday.icu. The tool is powerful enough to find hazardous items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
To remove Pushtoday.icu from Mac OS, please use the tool that was designed specifically for Macintosh users.
Malwarebytes For Mac Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Pushtoday.icu.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Pushtoday.icu and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Stage 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Pushtoday.icu. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3 : Remove Pushtoday.icu Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Pushtoday.icu pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Pushtoday.icu from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Pushtoday.icu and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Pushtoday.icu
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Pushtoday.icu. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Pushtoday.icu from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Pushtoday.icu. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Pushtoday.icu. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Pushtoday.icu redirect and pop-up should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Pushtoday.icu and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see view instructions here.