A browser redirect could be a computer infection, which reroutes the internet software into websites that web users do not intend to visit. It is perfectly normal for a browser to redirect into another destination. However, there are times that cyber crooks are utilizing this for their own benefits. In cases like these, it usually lead web users into questionable websites containing tech support scams, intrusive advertisements, unwanted Chrome extensions, potentially unwanted programs (PUP), adult-related topics, or any infectious contents. One example of browser redirect is the Pushisback.com website. It aims to trick web visitors to enable browser notifications and subscribe to their alerts. Pushisback.com pop-ups usually display push notifications that attempt to deceive web users. Pushisback.com commonly presents click baits such as displaying clickable buttons on the page. For example, Pushisback.com pop-up exhibits a Captcha quiz that requests web visitors to click the “allow” button in order to pass the test. However, clicking the allow button does not really intend to pass the test. Instead, it has a code that automatically executes and enables browser notifications once clicked.
After enabling alerts, Pushisback.com will start to spam the browser with numerous notifications that may contain intrusive ads or fake software updates. When a web user is redirected to the Pushisback.com website, it is better not to click any buttons or ads on the page. They might cause additional infections on the computer. Another thing is, web users should close the page rather than browsing it further. In this way, it lessens exposure to potential risks that might cause issues to the computer.
Encountering Pushisback.com redirects and pop-ups on the browser can be a sign that there is a malicious program running on the computer. The primary reason why Pushisback.com opens on the browser is probably because of unwanted application installed on the computer. This unusual software usually triggers browser redirects that force web users to visit dubious websites even they do not want to. Therefore, the presence of unwanted programs on the computer makes Pushisback.com and any other untrustworthy sites to contaminate the browser. One way to stop sudden redirection to Pushisback.com is to remove malicious software from the computer. Web users can use anti-malware and anti-virus program for scanning the computer and eliminate the malware that causes the infection.
Pushisback.com Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
This malware removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any threats like Trojan, virus, PUP, adware and malicious redirects like Pushisback.com. The tool is powerful enough to find hazardous items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
To remove Pushisback.com from Mac OS, please use the tool that was designed specifically for Macintosh users.
Malwarebytes For Mac Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Pushisback.com.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Pushisback.com and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Stage 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Pushisback.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3 : Remove Pushisback.com Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Pushisback.com pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Pushisback.com from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Pushisback.com and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Pushisback.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Pushisback.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Pushisback.com from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Pushisback.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Pushisback.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Pushisback.com redirect and pop-up should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Pushisback.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see view instructions here.
Post Last Modified On October 14, 2020