PUP.Optional.IBryte.A is detection for an adware that may cause certain abnormalities on the computer. This threat is normally issued by a program Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security products. Avast’s distinct naming on this type of threat is Win32:IBryte [PUP]. Detection is very specific to add-ons, extensions, plug-in, and unwanted software that is dropped on the computer.
There may have several unwanted programs that can be detected as PUP.Optional.IBryte.A, one thing is for sure, they all belong to a developer called IBryte. The program can cause installation of toolbar, browser redirect, or may change your home page settings with its own. Adware such as PUP.Optional.IBryte.A is technically not a virus. Although, this adware may do some dire actions like monitoring your browsing habit, gather sensitive data, and install added adware into the computer.
PUP.Optional.IBryte.A may sneak into your PC without your concern. It may come uninvited together with another program. Adware typically spread over the Internet via sites that offers free software download. It may come for popular sites or unknown one. Since the source doesn’t matter whether they are distributing an adware code, safety is always at your end. Be cautious when download and installing freeware, it may have packed with PUP.Optional.IBryte.A.
Whenever you are installing freeware or shareware, always pay attention to what are included in the installation process. Make sure that unwanted program will not have a share on install procedure.
How to Remove PUP.Optional.IBryte.A
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds PUP.Optional.IBryte.A and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 2: Double-check for PUP.Optional.IBryte.A’ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for PUP.Optional.IBryte.A. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all PUP.Optional.IBryte.A entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that PUP.Optional.IBryte.A have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.