PUP.CouponAmazing pertains to a file, registry entries, and browser add-ons that are used by a program known as CouponAmazing. In general, this is not a virus. It was rather deemed as adware or potentially unwanted program that gets installed on the computer through third-party software. The goal of CouponAmazing is simply to provide internet users with free coupons, savings, discounts, and other online deals. But the technique it uses for involuntary installation of the code annoys some user. Third-party programs and shareware with embedded PUP.CouponAmazing already floods software download web sites. It is wrapped into interesting software like games, multimedia players, utilities, and software update.
When executed on the computer, downloaded program installs normally. What you cannot see is the discreet installation of PUP.CouponAmazing in the background. Add-on is inserted into the browser without taking permission from you. Once running, you will notice that Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome will pop-up ads when you are visiting online shops. It will display discounts for your line of interest. In this case, PUP.CouponAmazing has already gathered your web browsing routine and collected information while you search the web.
As you can see, PUP.CouponAmazing is not a virus but it has some traits to be considered as malicious. If you don’t see the need for this program, you better get rid of it.
How to Remove PUP.CouponAmazing
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds PUP.CouponAmazing and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 2: Double-check for PUP.CouponAmazing’ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for PUP.CouponAmazing. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all PUP.CouponAmazing entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that PUP.CouponAmazing have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.