Promoland.space is a questionable website made by cyber scammers to exhibit malicious online content. In addition, the said website was made to hijack internet browser program in order to force web users to view unwanted pages. In most cases, online users were obliged to see Promoland.space pop-up via a series of redirects carried out by a visited website, particularly when viewing pages from piracy websites.
When online users land on Promoland.space website, it will show a pop-up message prompting for the subscription to push notification. The initial pop-up would be “Promoland.space wants to show notifications.” This message may be common to most users because it is a generic pop-up that even ordinary sites are displaying. The only difference with Promoland.space is, it will never stop pounding online users with request using alternative messages such as the following:
- Click Allow to prove that you are not a robot.
- Click Allow to watch the video.
- To close this window, click on Allow button.
- To leave this page, tap on Allow.
- Click Allow to continue browsing this site.
Bear in mind that these messages are exhibited to entice web users into subscribing to its push notification. When accepted by web users, Promoland.space begins misusing the said feature to display aggressive kinds of ads. This will persist as long as Promoland.space is listed as one of the authorized site that can access the push notification feature.
Stopping Promoland.space pop-up
The functioning of Promoland.space may vary according to the geographic location of Internet users. Usually, advertisements on Western countries focus on the sale of rogue apps. While Internet users in Asian countries often see ads linked to fake online polls, online pricing, online gambling and quick win schemes.
Remember that clicking on an ad from Promoland.space may be harmful to the computer. Do not download recommended software or go to promoted links. If the Promoland.space pop-ups remain in the browser, we suggest removing them as soon as possible. For a complete guide on how to complete this task, please see the removal steps below.
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Promoland.space will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
Steps to remove Promoland.space pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Promoland.space. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Promoland.space are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Promoland.space pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with aggressive ads if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Promoland.space from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Promoland.space from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Promoland.space.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Promoland.space list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Promoland.space from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Promoland.space on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Promoland.space entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Promoland.space pop-up is gone.
Remove Promoland.space from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Promoland.space.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Promoland.space pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Promoland.space on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Promoland.space from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Promoland.space pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Promoland.space from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Promoland.space automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Promoland.space that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Promoland.space.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Promoland.space and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Promoland.space on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Promoland.space.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Promoland.space.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Promoland.space from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Promoland.space. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Promoland.space.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Promoland.space.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Promoland.space is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.