Private Net Search offers endless ways to protect your privacy while surfing the web. This tool asserts to direct your online search to their secured and encrypted network. Thus, search result it delivers is not tracked. Private Net Search seems to be a valuable tool but we see danger because it appears to be associated with some adware.
Often times, Private Net Search spreads on the internet via bundled programs. It may come with free tools, games, software updates, media players, and so on. Freeware and shareware are the most accountable for the deployment of Private Net Search. Therefore, beware of such programs particularly those that are offered on infamous websites.
In addition, installing Private Net Search on the computer can cause certain annoyances. For example, this program will alter your homepage without permission. Instead of your preferred one, it will reveal an unwanted search engine called Home.privatenetsearch.com. All of these changes are made possible with the installation of Private Net Search extension. So far, it is only compatible with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers.
Presence of Private Net Search and its functionalities are still questionable. It is still unproven if the program can really keep your online browsing private. In fact, Private Net Search is also guilty of such privacy violations. Moreover, it can display various advertisements that can lead your browser to dubious sites.
Never tolerate such illicit activities by Private Net Search. Remove this program from your browser and computer as soon as possible before it can add more harm. Also, remember that Private Net Search may come with other adware that are already causing danger to your system. Below, you will find effective ways to uninstall Private Net Search. Scanning the computer with suggested tools will help you find and delete unknown adware.
Online Security Scanner Report for privatenetsearch.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Oct. 22, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||Oct. 22, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Oct. 22, 2016|
How to Remove Private Net Search
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Private Net Search
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Private Net Search or Yontoo entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Private Net Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Private Net Search from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Private Net Search on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Private Net Search Extension and Add-on
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Private Net Search. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Private Net Search from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Private Net Search from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Private Net Search by clicking on Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Private Net Search removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Private Net Search. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Private Net Search. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Remove Private Net Search from Firefox
Option 1 – Delete Add-on from Firefox Browser
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On the address bar, type the following strings and press Enter on keyboard: about:addons
3. Under Add-ons Manager, look for Private Net Search and click associated Remove button. See image below for reference.
4. Firefox will confirm your actions by clicking Yes. Please make sure that you have selected to Remove the home page and restore my previous setting.
5. You may now restart Firefox browser.
Option 2 – Refresh Mozilla Firefox
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Private Net Search. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Private Net Search should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.