Power System Care is another rogue application that uses misleading techniques as a way of encouraging potential victims to buy the licensed version of the program. Its official website states that it keeps PC’s running smooth, fast, and error free. However, during our own diagnostics, we observed that it is part of rogue family that also developed other unpopular applications like Power PC Care 2018, Super Clean Pro 2018, and many more.
Freeware and shareware is the main channel that spreads Power System Care. Users may obtain the malicious software bundles from various sources all over the internet. It may pretend as free tool, games, utilities, media player, download manager, Adobe update, and so on. Once installed, the freeware also loads Power System Care onto the computer even without permission from users.
Power System Care directly runs a through scan after installation. It immediately recognized thousands of potentially unwanted items ranging from simple errors to hazardous malware infections. Aside from scan results, Power System Care’s another method to scare victims is through redundant pop-ups and task-bar warnings. It all aims to push users into purchasing for the full version of this rogue product.
We feel that it is our responsibility to circulate gathered information that Power System Care is a rogue program. It requires immediate removal to avoid further harm that it can cause on the computer. Features it offers are unworthy and have no proven basis that it really optimizes the system. Below is an efficient guide to remove Power System Care from the system using only valid malware and virus scanners. Be sure to execute the steps in exact order to effectively get rid of Power System Care and associated entries.
Online Security Scanner Report for powersyscare.com:
|Not yet rated||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 30, 2019|
|High risk||Feedback: PUP||Updated: Jan. 30, 2019|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Jan. 30, 2019|
Power System Care Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Power System Care from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Power System Care from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Power System Care and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Power System Care using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Power System Care . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Power System Care entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Power System Care have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Power System Care.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.