Power System Care is another rogue application that uses misleading techniques as a way of encouraging potential victims to buy the licensed version of the program. Its official website states that it keeps PC’s running smooth, fast, and error free. However, during our own diagnostics, we observed that it is part of rogue family that also developed other unpopular applications like Power PC Care 2018, Super Clean Pro 2018, and many more.
Freeware and shareware is the main channel that spreads Power System Care. Users may obtain the malicious software bundles from various sources all over the internet. It may pretend as free tool, games, utilities, media player, download manager, Adobe update, and so on. Once installed, the freeware also loads Power System Care onto the computer even without permission from users.
Power System Care directly runs a through scan after installation. It immediately recognized thousands of potentially unwanted items ranging from simple errors to hazardous malware infections. Aside from scan results, Power System Care’s another method to scare victims is through redundant pop-ups and task-bar warnings. It all aims to push users into purchasing for the full version of this rogue product.
We feel that it is our responsibility to circulate gathered information that Power System Care is a rogue program. It requires immediate removal to avoid further harm that it can cause on the computer. Features it offers are unworthy and have no proven basis that it really optimizes the system. Below is an efficient guide to remove Power System Care from the system using only valid malware and virus scanners. Be sure to execute the steps in exact order to effectively get rid of Power System Care and associated entries.
Power System Care Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Power System Care through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Power System Care, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Power System Care rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Power System Care
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Power System Care and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Power System Care from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Power System Care from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Power System Care unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Power System Care and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Power System Care using Anti-malware Program
To remove Power System Care automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Power System Care that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Power System Care.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.