Power Speedup 2018 is a combination of security and optimization tool, which states to keep PC’s running smooth, fast, and error-free. The program also asserts to be an award-winning computer protection tool that is trusted by millions of users worldwide. Due to this exaggerated claims, many computer users fall victims to Power Speedup 2018 and forces to shell out some money for this worthless tool.
In reality, Power Speedup 2018 is a member of rogue family that also developed unpopular variants named Advanced Speedup 2018, My PC Repair 2018, Super Cleanup, and many more. It is obvious from these versions that all of them shares the same graphical user interface (GUI). Malware developers are just making re-branded variants while retaining the scan engine. They also maintain the fraudulent ways to convince victims into purchasing the activation key for Power Speedup 2018. It aims to mislead user with scare tactics like false warnings and alerts stating thousands of potentially unwanted objects found on the computer. In fact, it informs users about fake findings through audio message stating the following:
System analysis has completed.
Warning! Power Cleaner 2018 has detected one thousand two hundred and ninety four items, which can be critical to your Microsoft Windows 10 Pro system performance. Click on Start Repair to fix these items.
It may also occasionally pop-up task-bar warnings and alerts with the following message:
Power Speedup 2018 Alert Center
1294 Items found!
These items may include security breaches & system errors which may lead to data loss, crashes, and performance loss. It is highly recommended to fix these items immediately. Let’s Fix it!
Purchasing this fake tool will not really solve computer problems. In fact, Power Speedup 2018 is the main cause of all issues occurring on the computer. Therefore, the actual and effective way to this dilemma is to get rid of the rogue program. Follow our guide on this page to systematically remove Power Speedup 2018 from the computer and delete all malicious objects associated with it.
Power Speedup 2018 Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Power Speedup 2018 through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Power Speedup 2018, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Power Speedup 2018 rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Power Speedup 2018
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Power Speedup 2018 and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Power Speedup 2018 from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Power Speedup 2018 from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Power Speedup 2018 unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Power Speedup 2018 and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Power Speedup 2018 using Anti-malware Program
To remove Power Speedup 2018 automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Power Speedup 2018 that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Power Speedup 2018.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.