Power PC Care 2018 is a potentially unwanted program that produces fictional scan results on the computer. It aims to deceive users and make them believe that errors and malware is messing with Windows system. The main goal of Power PC Care 2018 makers is to sell the product in fraudulent manner using various fake alerts and warning messages.
Do you wonder how this intrusive rogue program gets inside the computer? Power PC Care 2018 and similar threat like My PC Repair 2018, Super Speedup 2018, and many more are normally packed to freeware or shareware. Cyber crooks keeps on utilizing this software bundling technique to spread their creation. Therefore, entry of Power PC Care 2018 on the computer is almost discreet because freeware will accomplish its task in the background. While user is installing the free program, adware and PUP that enclose with it also loads without users awareness.
When fully installed, Power PC Care 2018 runs a full scan right away. Actually, it is not operating a thorough scan on the system as user perceive. Scans and detection by Power PC Care 2018 is just a pretentious demonstration of its functionalities. But in reality, all errors, troubles, and infections it detected do not really exists. As mentioned before, Power PC Care 2018 tries to scare victims in order persuade them to pay for the full version of the product.
To support its claims regarding unstable state of the system, it will repeatedly issue taskbar alerts and audio messages stating the following:
“System analysis has completed.
Warning! Power Cleaner 2018 has detected one thousand two hundred and ninety two items, which can be critical to your Microsoft Windows 10 Pro system performance. Click on Start Repair to fix these items.”
“1292 System items found on your PC. Click here to repair all items.”
It is clear that presence of this rogue security program will do more harm than good. Therefore, we suggest removing Power PC Care 2018 immediately before it can cause more harm on the computer. Scan the computer with suggested anti-malware and anti-virus tools as recommended on this page.
Online Security Scanner Report for systemlogics.org:
|Not yet rated||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Dec. 26, 2018|
|Unverified||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Dec. 26, 2018|
|Unsafe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Dec. 26, 2018|
How to Remove Power PC Care 2018
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Power PC Care 2018 from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Power PC Care 2018 from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Power PC Care 2018 and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Power PC Care 2018 using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Power PC Care 2018 . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Power PC Care 2018 entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Power PC Care 2018 have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Power PC Care 2018.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.