Power Cleaner 2018 is endorsed as computer optimization tool that keeps PC’s running smooth, fast, and error free. It has various features like registry cleaner, startup cleaner, adware remover, and so on. Users may easily draw interest in Power Cleaner 2018 due to these valuable features. However, they must also consider functionality and efficiency before obtaining this program.
It is also worth to mention that Power Cleaner 2018 is part of rogue family. Looking at its graphical user interface alone, we can affirm that it is a variant of Super Clean Pro 2018, Auto Speedup 2018, and many other rogue program from PCVARK family. It gains access on the computer via software bundles that are hosted on various suspicious websites. We also observed that Power Cleaner 2018 could sneak onto the computer while installing several malicious program that promises to take care of Windows driver problems.
When installed on the computer, Power Cleaner 2018 scans the computer and enumerates thousands of problems ranging from registry and start up items error to malware infections. It is pretending as combination of optimization and security tool in one efficient product. Though, it is evident that Power Cleaner 2018 is using a scare tactics to persuade users in obtaining the full version of the program. All alert, warnings, and detection of this program are all misleading. As seen on the image below, Power Cleaner 2018 falsely identifies thousands of troubles when run on clean and newly formatted computer.
After the exaggerated scan, Power Cleaner 2018 immediately plays an audio stating the following:
“System analysis has completed.
Warning! Power Cleaner 2018 has detected one thousand two hundred and ninety two items, which can be critical to your Microsoft Windows 10 Pro system performance. Click on Start Repair to fix these items.”
As security experts suggests, never let Power Cleaner 2018 to stay on the system even for a short period of time as it may bring additional harm. Therefore, we suggest removing the rogue programs using our effective guide below. Scan the system with malware and virus removal tool to locate and delete hidden malicious objects associated to Power Cleaner 2018.
Power Cleaner 2018 Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Power Cleaner 2018 through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Power Cleaner 2018, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Power Cleaner 2018 rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Power Cleaner 2018
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Power Cleaner 2018 and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Power Cleaner 2018 from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Power Cleaner 2018 from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Power Cleaner 2018 unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Power Cleaner 2018 and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Power Cleaner 2018 using Anti-malware Program
To remove Power Cleaner 2018 automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Power Cleaner 2018 that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Power Cleaner 2018.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.