Power Cleaner 2018 is endorsed as computer optimization tool that keeps PC’s running smooth, fast, and error free. It has various features like registry cleaner, startup cleaner, adware remover, and so on. Users may easily draw interest in Power Cleaner 2018 due to these valuable features. However, they must also consider functionality and efficiency before obtaining this program.
It is also worth to mention that Power Cleaner 2018 is part of rogue family. Looking at its graphical user interface alone, we can affirm that it is a variant of Super Clean Pro 2018, Auto Speedup 2018, and many other rogue program from PCVARK family. It gains access on the computer via software bundles that are hosted on various suspicious websites. We also observed that Power Cleaner 2018 could sneak onto the computer while installing several malicious program that promises to take care of Windows driver problems.
When installed on the computer, Power Cleaner 2018 scans the computer and enumerates thousands of problems ranging from registry and start up items error to malware infections. It is pretending as combination of optimization and security tool in one efficient product. Though, it is evident that Power Cleaner 2018 is using a scare tactics to persuade users in obtaining the full version of the program. All alert, warnings, and detection of this program are all misleading. As seen on the image below, Power Cleaner 2018 falsely identifies thousands of troubles when run on clean and newly formatted computer.
After the exaggerated scan, Power Cleaner 2018 immediately plays an audio stating the following:
“System analysis has completed.
Warning! Power Cleaner 2018 has detected one thousand two hundred and ninety two items, which can be critical to your Microsoft Windows 10 Pro system performance. Click on Start Repair to fix these items.”
As security experts suggests, never let Power Cleaner 2018 to stay on the system even for a short period of time as it may bring additional harm. Therefore, we suggest removing the rogue programs using our effective guide below. Scan the system with malware and virus removal tool to locate and delete hidden malicious objects associated to Power Cleaner 2018.
Online Security Scanner Report for systemlogics.co:
|Not yet rated||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Aug. 22, 2018|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Aug. 22, 2018|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Aug. 22, 2018|
How to Remove Power Cleaner 2018
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Power Cleaner 2018 from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Power Cleaner 2018 from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Power Cleaner 2018 and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Power Cleaner 2018 using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Power Cleaner 2018 . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Power Cleaner 2018 entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Power Cleaner 2018 have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Power Cleaner 2018.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.