Popunderclick ads appearing on your internet browser application can be due to adware infection. It was meant to deliver numerous advertisements in order to generate online revenue. Typically, Popunderclick adware is installed on the computer as browser extension or add-on. It is aiming on widely used browser like Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer to assure widespread infection.
Adware that causes Popunderclick ads is marketed as a tool that may improves your Internet browsing experience. It comes in various titles and features. In some instances, adware gains appreciation by disguising as critical software update for Adobe Flash or Media Player. Apart from dubious application, adware as Popunderclick may come with a number of potentially unwanted programs (PUP). Imagine an adware bundled with quite a few of malicious program. All together, they were installed on your computer without asking for permission.
Once installed on the computer, Popunderclick and its company changes certain browser configuration. This leads to display various advertisements, browser redirect, and home page hijacking. It easily controls settings and preferences if properly setup. Popunderclick can truly cause great number of troubles and irregularities. Overall system performance also suffers from bunch of applications running simultaneously on the computer.
If you are seeing Popunderclick ads on the computer, better check if it is involved in operation of PUP. Adware or malware could be residing on the system. Aside from annoyances, this threat can also be the basis for risking your online privacy. Popunderclick adware can monitor your browsing activities and logs every search queries you made. Scan the computer with efficient anti-malware tools given below.
How to Remove Popunderclick Ads
This threat can run on the system just like any other installed software. However, adware and malware doesn’t allow user to easily remove its file in typical manner.
Normal uninstall procedure may not be sufficient in the case of this threat. Thus, it is important to scan the computer with efficient tools to find and delete hidden and concealed malicious entities.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Popunderclick
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Popunderclick entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to “Ads by Popunderclick”. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted “Ads by Popunderclick” from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of “Ads by Popunderclick” on the affected browser.